- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
Arsenal prepare £50m bid for Luis Suarez, Wenger still has £70m [Daily Telegraph]
Sometimes it is what’s written between the lines that is more interesting than the headline or opening paragraphs.
Jeremy Wilson in the Daily Telegraph today confirms that Arsenal are closing in on the 14 million pound signing of Brazilian midfielder Luiz Gustavo from Bayern Munich.
Gustavo is expected to join Arsene Wenger’s side before the start of the Premier League season on Saturday and will provide plenty of competition for the likes of Mikel Arteta, Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Abou Diaby.
It is what Wilson writes further down that will be of more interest to Arsenal fans and those of a Liverpool persuasion as well.
With Sky Sports News claiming Luis Suarez has no intention of apologising to his manager and team mates – despite calls from Brendan Rodgers on Saturday (see video below) – surely Liverpool will sell if they receive a bid of 50 million pounds, right?
Or, should Arsenal hold out for Wayne Rooney?!
- Updated: August 12, 2013