Arsenal prepare £50m bid for Luis Suarez, Wenger still has £70m [Daily Telegraph]
- August 12, 2013
Sometimes it is what’s written between the lines that is more interesting than the headline or opening paragraphs.
Jeremy Wilson in the Daily Telegraph today confirms that Arsenal are closing in on the 14 million pound signing of Brazilian midfielder Luiz Gustavo from Bayern Munich.
Gustavo is expected to join Arsene Wenger’s side before the start of the Premier League season on Saturday and will provide plenty of competition for the likes of Mikel Arteta, Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Abou Diaby.
It is what Wilson writes further down that will be of more interest to Arsenal fans and those of a Liverpool persuasion as well.
With Sky Sports News claiming Luis Suarez has no intention of apologising to his manager and team mates – despite calls from Brendan Rodgers on Saturday (see video below) – surely Liverpool will sell if they receive a bid of 50 million pounds, right?
Or, should Arsenal hold out for Wayne Rooney?!
- Gedion Zelalem bags an inch-perfect gorgeous assist for Arsenal U19s v Celtic (Video)
- Unreal skills: Laurent Koscielny scores a glorious rabona in Arsenal training (Official...
- Man United’s Daley Blind admits he rejected “incredible” Arsenal offe...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Arsene Wenger smashes the Arsenal crossbar challenge with first attempt (Video)
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi