Arsenal prepare £50m bid for Luis Suarez, Wenger still has £70m [Daily Telegraph]
Sometimes it is what’s written between the lines that is more interesting than the headline or opening paragraphs.
Jeremy Wilson in the Daily Telegraph today confirms that Arsenal are closing in on the 14 million pound signing of Brazilian midfielder Luiz Gustavo from Bayern Munich.
Gustavo is expected to join Arsene Wenger’s side before the start of the Premier League season on Saturday and will provide plenty of competition for the likes of Mikel Arteta, Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Abou Diaby.
It is what Wilson writes further down that will be of more interest to Arsenal fans and those of a Liverpool persuasion as well.
With Sky Sports News claiming Luis Suarez has no intention of apologising to his manager and team mates – despite calls from Brendan Rodgers on Saturday (see video below) – surely Liverpool will sell if they receive a bid of 50 million pounds, right?
Or, should Arsenal hold out for Wayne Rooney?!
Watch Live Stream
- Leicester ready to offer Riyad Mahrez £100k-a-week to reject Arsenal [Express]July 29, 2016
- Arsenal mock Spurs on Twitter after beating MLS All-Stars 2-1July 29, 2016
- Must read: Kim Kallstrom brilliantly recounts his time at ArsenalJuly 29, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba jokes about signing for Arsenal after friendly defeat (Video)July 29, 2016
- Arsene Wenger confirms Arsenal are keen on signing another attacker (Video)July 29, 2016
- Francis Coquelin reveals he’s training at CB; Arsenal fans fret and curse Wenger [Tweets]July 27, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas discusses his special relationship with Arsene Wenger (Video)July 24, 2016
- Arsene Wenger on transfers: Arsenal have to be good at poker (Video & Tweets)July 23, 2016
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers panned as Celtic beaten by semi-pro Gibraltarian club in UCL qualifier [Tweets]July 12, 2016
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20, 2016