Arsenal prepare £50m bid for Luis Suarez, Wenger still has £70m [Daily Telegraph]
- August 12, 2013
Sometimes it is what’s written between the lines that is more interesting than the headline or opening paragraphs.
Jeremy Wilson in the Daily Telegraph today confirms that Arsenal are closing in on the 14 million pound signing of Brazilian midfielder Luiz Gustavo from Bayern Munich.
Gustavo is expected to join Arsene Wenger’s side before the start of the Premier League season on Saturday and will provide plenty of competition for the likes of Mikel Arteta, Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Abou Diaby.
It is what Wilson writes further down that will be of more interest to Arsenal fans and those of a Liverpool persuasion as well.
With Sky Sports News claiming Luis Suarez has no intention of apologising to his manager and team mates – despite calls from Brendan Rodgers on Saturday (see video below) – surely Liverpool will sell if they receive a bid of 50 million pounds, right?
Or, should Arsenal hold out for Wayne Rooney?!
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...