- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
Arsenal plot bids for Man United’s Wayne Rooney & Liverpool’s Luis Suarez in January [Mail on Sunday]
- September 14, 2013
The Mail on Sunday have a transfer rumour which fans will have to wait three and a half months to see if it will come true, on the front of their sports section on Sunday.
The Mail’s headline screams: Arsenal go back for £30m Rooney.
Behind the headline, journalist Rob Draper scribbles that Arsene Wenger is plotting a big money move for eManchester United’s England centre-forward.
Arsenal still have funds to make a bid of about 30m and the feeling at the club is that the signing of Ozil has indicated to Rooney, who score on his surprise return from injury in Manchester United’s 2-0 win over Crystal Palace, that they have returned to being serious title contenders.
[Arsenal] want to add a striker in January if possible, and Rooney and Luis Suarez remain the two players that Wenger would like to add to the team.
The club believe that Rooney will consider their bid seriously, even though he seemed to prefer a move to Chelsea in the summer.
Neither Saurez nor Rooney will be easy to prise away, with United having proved resolute in their determination to keep Rooney… and Liverpool proving equally intransigent over Suarez.
Real Madrid are now expecting to big for Suarez in January and it is cleatr that Liverpool would prefer to sell him abroad and that the player would prefer a move to the Bernbeu.