Arsenal players celebrated Mesut Ozil’s girlfriend’s birthday after losing 6-0 at Chelsea [pictures]
- March 24, 2014
The Arsenal squad have more or less been in social media lockdown ever since they were thrashed 6-0 at Chelsea on Saturday.
Pictures have emerged this evening however, on social media, suggesting that the Arsenal players went out celebrating over the weekend, despite their embarrassing loss at Stamford Bridge.
This could well be a touchy subject in the lead-up to Arsenal’s Premier League match with Swansea on Tuesday night as the Gunners look to bounce back.
Mesut Ozil’s girlfriend, Mandy Capristo, celebrated her 24th birthday on Friday – however there is no way the likes of Per Mertesacker and Bacary Sagna would have been able to go out the night before such a big lunchtime game.
From all evidence on social media, it looks like much of the Arsenal squad (including Per Mertesacker and Bacary Sagna – who both started at Chelsea) went out on Saturday night to celebrate the birthday of Mandy Capristo.
Also featuring in the picture posted on Instagram by Mandy Capristo on Monday night, are Mesut Ozil and Nicklas Bendtner.
Capristo thanked all her friends for an “unforgettable evening” with the hashtag #thegracegatsby – indicating the theme of what looks like a fun party.
Above is the picture Mandy Capristo posted this evening.
Below is another picture posted by Capristo, followed by a picture from Bacary Sagna’s wife Ludivine and a Tweet suggesting the party was on Saturday night, just hours after Arsenal lost 6-0 at Chelsea.
Ludivine Sagna posted her picture on Friday, with the message: “can’t wait for the bday party” – suggesting it could only have been the night before the Chelsea game, or over the weekend.
The Tweet below, from one of the attendees, was posted on Saturday evening.
Finally, Mesut Ozil posted the same birthday picture as his girlfriend onto Facebook and has received plenty of abuse from Arsenal fans…
One such comment on Ozil’s Facebook page, says: “Nice to see someone is having fun after we lost 6 nil . I would recommend whoever you pay to manage your social media takes a break for a while ! And if you do it yourself you need a better advisor !!!”
Presuming Arsenal players were not out on Friday night, this party could only have taken place on Saturday or Sunday.
And, in the Arsenal players’ defence, they should be allowed to celebrate birthdays regardless of what happens on the pitch.
Although some Gooners may not feel this way…
— sophie gooding (@sophiergooding) March 23, 2014
- Man United’s Daley Blind admits he rejected “incredible” Arsenal offe...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Arsene Wenger smashes the Arsenal crossbar challenge with first attempt (Video)
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby signs for Marseille (BBC)
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi