- Cheeky! Porta [Independiente] knocks the ball past keeper, stops it on the line and backheels it in [Video]
- Nabil Bentaleb’s first Spurs goal came courtesy of a fumble from Newcastle keeper Jak Alnwick [Video]
- Openly gay footballer Robbie Rogers speaks about overwhelming support after coming out [Video]
- Crystal Palace have opportunity to sign out-of-favour AC Milan striker Giampaolo Pazzini [Standard]
- Five of the best AC Milan moments at AS Roma, featuring Ibrahimovic, Shevchenko and a Scudetto win [Video]
Arsenal or Tottenham? Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata appears to be moving to London [Mail on Sunday]
Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata looks like he is definitely heading to London in January, but is the Spanish forward going to Arsenal or Tottenham?
The Mail on Sunday have an article on the front page of their sport section headlined “Morata may be Real deal for Arsenal”.
Behind the headline Rob Draper writes:
Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata is the man most likely to join Arsenal in the January transfer window to help support Olivier Giroud up front.
Arsene Wenger will delay making a final decision on whether he needs to boost his squad for the title run-in by taking 21-year-old Morata, who is valued at around 15 million, on loan.
At the same time as the Mail on Sunday link Morata to the Emirates, rumours are spreading elsewhere that the forward is heading for Tottenham on loan in the upcoming transfer window.
OFICIAL | Álvaro Morata ficha por el Tottenham y se incorporará al club inglés la próxima semana.
— RMFutbolOnline (@RMFutbol_es) December 28, 2013
Of course, both Arsenal and Tottenham have been linked to Morata in recent weeks.
At the start of the month Spanish TV show Punto Pelota claimed that Spurs are in prime position to sign the Real Madrid striker on loan, while on December 3rd Arsene Wenger answered a question on the whether the Gunners had made moves for the Spaniard, saying: “There is no truth in that. That is all I can say. I have not been in touch with them.”
A copy of the Mail on Sunday’s sport page front cover is below.
- Updated: December 28, 2013