Arsenal & Olympiakos reach agreement for €11m Kostas Manolas transfer, medical completed [Sport 24]
- August 18, 2014
Arsenal’s interest in Olympiakos defender Kostas Manolas was first mooted a couple of weeks ago, though it looked like a spanner was thrown in the works when Juventus were also reported to be interested.
But it now looks like the Gunners have beaten the Italian champions to Kostas, and his transfer to London is imminent.
Olympiakos fan Michael Kantaris has tweeted news from Greek paper Sport 24, relaying that the paper is reporting an agreement between Arsenal and the Athens club for an €11m transfer.
The Independent, meanwhile, are reporting that Kostas has completed his Arsenal medical this morning.
After selling Thomas Verlaelen to Barcelona, Wenger has been in the market for defensive reinforcements, to add to his signing of Calum Chambers.
Arsenal & Olympiacos have found an agreement of €11 million for Kostas Manolas, he will be earning around €1.5 million a year. (@sport24)
— Michael Kantaris (@grkmikey95) August 18, 2014
- Jeinny Lizarazo ‘explains’ Benzema saga to Arsenal fans (Video)
- Arsene Wenger wonders if he talks too much (Video)
- Miami Heat star Luol Deng hopes Arsenal sign Karim Benzema (Video)
- Gary Neville says Arsenal don’t have enough strength, power or pace to win title ...
- Arsenal magician Santi Cazorla packs his Ultimate XI with Spain stars (Video)
- Arsene Wenger confident of making last minute deals (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...