- Lying 16th, Dortmund fans explain their love of Jurgen Klopp after Arsenal defeat [Video]
- Arsene Wenger jokes about getting an easier draw in the Champions League
- Manchester United v Hull: Predicted line-ups, preview & betting tips
- Brendan Rodgers defends the form of Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard [Official Video]
- Prosecutor requests 8 month prison sentence for Brandao headbutt on PSG’s Thiago Motta [Video]
Arsenal & Olympiakos reach agreement for €11m Kostas Manolas transfer, medical completed [Sport 24]
Arsenal’s interest in Olympiakos defender Kostas Manolas was first mooted a couple of weeks ago, though it looked like a spanner was thrown in the works when Juventus were also reported to be interested.
But it now looks like the Gunners have beaten the Italian champions to Kostas, and his transfer to London is imminent.
Olympiakos fan Michael Kantaris has tweeted news from Greek paper Sport 24, relaying that the paper is reporting an agreement between Arsenal and the Athens club for an €11m transfer.
The Independent, meanwhile, are reporting that Kostas has completed his Arsenal medical this morning.
After selling Thomas Verlaelen to Barcelona, Wenger has been in the market for defensive reinforcements, to add to his signing of Calum Chambers.
Arsenal & Olympiacos have found an agreement of €11 million for Kostas Manolas, he will be earning around €1.5 million a year. (@sport24)
— Michael Kantaris (@grkmikey95) August 18, 2014
- Updated: August 18, 2014