Arsenal & Olympiakos reach agreement for €11m Kostas Manolas transfer, medical completed [Sport 24]
- August 18, 2014
Arsenal’s interest in Olympiakos defender Kostas Manolas was first mooted a couple of weeks ago, though it looked like a spanner was thrown in the works when Juventus were also reported to be interested.
But it now looks like the Gunners have beaten the Italian champions to Kostas, and his transfer to London is imminent.
Olympiakos fan Michael Kantaris has tweeted news from Greek paper Sport 24, relaying that the paper is reporting an agreement between Arsenal and the Athens club for an €11m transfer.
The Independent, meanwhile, are reporting that Kostas has completed his Arsenal medical this morning.
After selling Thomas Verlaelen to Barcelona, Wenger has been in the market for defensive reinforcements, to add to his signing of Calum Chambers.
Arsenal & Olympiacos have found an agreement of €11 million for Kostas Manolas, he will be earning around €1.5 million a year. (@sport24)
— Michael Kantaris (@grkmikey95) August 18, 2014
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...