Arsenal “no longer pursuing” Khedira, still keen to sign 3 more players [BBC]
Arsenal no longer pursuing Khedira but still in market for DMF, will sign GK & probably DF depending on Jenkinson/Vermaelen situations #AFC
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) July 21, 2014
When it comes to Arsenal transfer news, the BBC’s David Ornstein is hugely reliable.
So, the Tweet above has already been taken as gospel by many Gooners keeping a keen eye on how Arsene Wenger strengthens this summer.
Ornstein suggests Arsenal are no longer interested in Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira which backs up the reports in Portugal that the Gunners have made a move for Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho.
If not, the other likely target as a defensive midfielder will probably be Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin.
The incoming goalkeeper to the Emirates will likely be David Ospina, the Colombia keeper, according to the French press over the last 24 hours.
And, a defender will be signed depending on Thomas Vermaelen (heavily linked with Manchester United) and Carl Jenkinson (who may move on loan to West Ham).
Still plenty of time for Arsene Wenger to spend some cash!
- Moh says Alexis Sanchez is ‘super human’, asks where were the fans v Zagreb (Arsenal ...
- Carrying: The stat that indicates how reliant Arsenal are on Mesut Ozil [Graphic]
- Per Mertesacker backs Arsenal to have special season after 3-0 win v Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Francis Coquelin injury update, concern for Arsenal
- New Juventus players Sami Khedira and Simone Zaza visit the club’s training complex [Video]
- Still got it: Miroslav Klose scores a glorious lob in Sami Khedira’s charity match [video]
- Sami Khedira confirms that he’s leaving Real Madrid with Instagram post [Picture]
- Sami Khedira accuses Real Madrid of freezing him out this season