Arsenal miss out again! Josip Drmic is leaving Nurnberg to join Bayer Leverkusen for €6 million [Bild]
Another rumoured Arsenal target is set to fall by the wayside.
For several months now, reports have been flying about that Arsenal were closing in on Nurnberg striker Josip Drmic.
Back in April, Lothar Matthaus unequivocally blabbered that Josip Drmic will be joining Arsene Wenger’s team this summer, saying “You will see Drmic will go to Arsenal for 8 million – I was right before and I’ll be right again.”
Now, it seems, Matthaus has been proven completely wrong.
Bild are today reporting that Josip Drmic is leaving Nurnberg to join Bayer Leverkusen for €6 million.
Drmic is a 21-year-old Swiss striker who has been banging in the goals for Nurnberg this season. Overall, the striker has scored 19 goals in 36 games in all competitions this season.
- Oh dear: Bayer Leverkusen keeper Bernd Leno scores nightmare own goal v Augsburg (video)
- Swing and a miss: Bayer Leverkusen keeper Bernd Leno with a howler against Augsburg (Vi...
- Kyriakos Papadopoulos mocked Luis Suarez for being a biter during Barca’s win v L...
- EA Sports simulate Dortmund versus Leverkusen on FIFA 16 (Video)
- The worst penalty shoot-out ever took place in Germany this week: Aalen v Nurnberg (Video)
- Arsenal miss out again! Josip Drmic is leaving Nurnberg to join Bayer Leverkusen for €6...
- Lothar Matthäus insists: Josip Drmic will join Arsenal this summer for €4.5m [Blick]
- Official Bundesliga video of Arsenal target Josip Drmic’s top 5 goals