- Jason Byrne & Jamie Carragher have epic 7-minute staring contest on Soccer AM [Video]
- Alexis Sanchez uploads childhood photo, sparks debate among Chileans that he’s a fan of La U
- Better Late Than Never! Barça’s Neymar wishes Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez a Happy Birthday
- Roberto Soldado: ‘I feel ashamed when Spurs fans sing my name’
- Manchester United’s Juan Mata gives Full Time Devils a Wave
Arsenal miss out again! Josip Drmic is leaving Nurnberg to join Bayer Leverkusen for €6 million [Bild]
Another rumoured Arsenal target is set to fall by the wayside.
For several months now, reports have been flying about that Arsenal were closing in on Nurnberg striker Josip Drmic.
Back in April, Lothar Matthaus unequivocally blabbered that Josip Drmic will be joining Arsene Wenger’s team this summer, saying “You will see Drmic will go to Arsenal for 8 million – I was right before and I’ll be right again.”
Now, it seems, Matthaus has been proven completely wrong.
Bild are today reporting that Josip Drmic is leaving Nurnberg to join Bayer Leverkusen for €6 million.
Drmic is a 21-year-old Swiss striker who has been banging in the goals for Nurnberg this season. Overall, the striker has scored 19 goals in 36 games in all competitions this season.
- Updated: May 7, 2014