Arsenal meet Valencia to discuss keeper Vicente Guaita, fail to make an offer [Cadena Ser]
Will Arsenal sign a goalkeeper during their late transfer window rush?
In the last couple of days, the likes of Julio Cesar and Iker Casillas have been suggested but it appears that the only club Arsenal have discussed a custodian with is Valencia.
Spanish radio station Cadena Ser report on Wednesday that Dick Law, Arsenal’s contract negotiator, met with Valencia on Tuesday but failed to come to an agreement over Vicente Guaita.
Arsenal reportedly baulked at the 30 million euro release clause in Guaita’s contract despite the fact the 26-year-old is eager to leave Valencia for first team opportunities.
Diego Alves started for Valencia against Malaga on Sunday and Guaita is now eager to play regularly elsewhere.
But, Arsenal have not made an offer and Guaita is waiting to see whether he can dislodge Alves in the coming weeks before the transfer window slams shut.
Another Spanish website, Superdeporte, suggest Arsenal did make a bid of around 10 million euros that was immediately rejected by Valencia.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger discusses Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil’s contracts (Video)October 21, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere (Bournemouth) tops table for Premier League passing accuracyOctober 21, 2016
- Arsene Wenger’s jungle analogy pre Arsenal v Middlesbrough (video)October 21, 2016
- Mesut Ozil’s brilliant flick after hat-trick & Arsenal win over Ludogorets (video)October 21, 2016
- Exclusive interview with Arsenal’s Shkodran MustafiOctober 17, 2016
- Man United are trying to sign a Valencia teenager Fran Villalba [El Desmarque]October 10, 2016
- Pep Guardiola gears up for £100m splurge on Arsenal & Valencia full-backs [Times]October 9, 2016
- Good news for Arsenal as Barcelona reconsider their right-back issues [Sport]October 5, 2016