Arsenal meet Valencia to discuss keeper Vicente Guaita, fail to make an offer [Cadena Ser]
Will Arsenal sign a goalkeeper during their late transfer window rush?
In the last couple of days, the likes of Julio Cesar and Iker Casillas have been suggested but it appears that the only club Arsenal have discussed a custodian with is Valencia.
Spanish radio station Cadena Ser report on Wednesday that Dick Law, Arsenal’s contract negotiator, met with Valencia on Tuesday but failed to come to an agreement over Vicente Guaita.
Arsenal reportedly baulked at the 30 million euro release clause in Guaita’s contract despite the fact the 26-year-old is eager to leave Valencia for first team opportunities.
Diego Alves started for Valencia against Malaga on Sunday and Guaita is now eager to play regularly elsewhere.
But, Arsenal have not made an offer and Guaita is waiting to see whether he can dislodge Alves in the coming weeks before the transfer window slams shut.
Another Spanish website, Superdeporte, suggest Arsenal did make a bid of around 10 million euros that was immediately rejected by Valencia.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal should start searching for a new manager as Arsene Wenger opens the door for EnglandSeptember 30, 2016
- Arsenal star Alex Iwobi plays FIFA and Chills with Copa 90 (Video)September 29, 2016
- It looks like Theo Walcott is finally making good on his Alexis Sanchez arrival warningSeptember 29, 2016
- Theo Walcott on playing at a different level, post Arsenal-Basel interview (video)September 29, 2016
- Barcelona legend Andoni Zubizarreta loses a La Liga goalie record to Valencia’s Diego AlvesSeptember 25, 2016
- Gary Neville’s ‘controversial’ comments about angry Valencia fans were actually complimentary (Video)September 4, 2016
- Tottenham in negotiations with Valencia over goalkeeper Diego AlvesAugust 31, 2016
- Chelsea in negotiations with Valencia to sign Aymen Abdennour [France Football]August 31, 2016