Arsenal meet Valencia to discuss keeper Vicente Guaita, fail to make an offer [Cadena Ser]
Will Arsenal sign a goalkeeper during their late transfer window rush?
In the last couple of days, the likes of Julio Cesar and Iker Casillas have been suggested but it appears that the only club Arsenal have discussed a custodian with is Valencia.
Spanish radio station Cadena Ser report on Wednesday that Dick Law, Arsenal’s contract negotiator, met with Valencia on Tuesday but failed to come to an agreement over Vicente Guaita.
Arsenal reportedly baulked at the 30 million euro release clause in Guaita’s contract despite the fact the 26-year-old is eager to leave Valencia for first team opportunities.
Diego Alves started for Valencia against Malaga on Sunday and Guaita is now eager to play regularly elsewhere.
But, Arsenal have not made an offer and Guaita is waiting to see whether he can dislodge Alves in the coming weeks before the transfer window slams shut.
Another Spanish website, Superdeporte, suggest Arsenal did make a bid of around 10 million euros that was immediately rejected by Valencia.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumour: Arsenal closing in on a striker, suggestions it’s Leicester’s Jamie VardyMay 25th, 2016
- Granit Xhaka posts lengthy message on Instagram after signing for ArsenalMay 25th, 2016
- Done deal: Arsenal finally confirm the signing of Gladbach star Granit Xhaka (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Arsenal fans aren’t happy about Laurent Koscielny being given captain’s armband [Tweets]May 25th, 2016
- Bad news for Man United’s pursuit of Valencia’s Andre Gomes [Italian Papers]May 16th, 2016
- Did Man United decide against Renato Sanches to sign Andre Gomes instead? [Tweets]May 10th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo scores twice as Real Madrid beat Valencia 3-2 (Official Highlights)May 8th, 2016
- No one can believe Real Madrid gave Alvaro Arbeloa a better send off than Iker CasillasMay 8th, 2016