- Andy Tate post Chelsea defeat: Man United will win the PL next season [video]
- Wayne Rooney: Chelsea know how to get referee on their side [video]
- Huge Odds! Back Man City to beat West Ham at 3/1 + money back if you lose!!!
- Jose Mourinho annoyed with John Terry after Chelsea 1 – Man United 0 [video]
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil celebrate Arsenal 2 – Reading 1 on Instagram
Arsenal meet Valencia to discuss keeper Vicente Guaita, fail to make an offer [Cadena Ser]
- August 21, 2013
Will Arsenal sign a goalkeeper during their late transfer window rush?
In the last couple of days, the likes of Julio Cesar and Iker Casillas have been suggested but it appears that the only club Arsenal have discussed a custodian with is Valencia.
Spanish radio station Cadena Ser report on Wednesday that Dick Law, Arsenal’s contract negotiator, met with Valencia on Tuesday but failed to come to an agreement over Vicente Guaita.
Arsenal reportedly baulked at the 30 million euro release clause in Guaita’s contract despite the fact the 26-year-old is eager to leave Valencia for first team opportunities.
Diego Alves started for Valencia against Malaga on Sunday and Guaita is now eager to play regularly elsewhere.
But, Arsenal have not made an offer and Guaita is waiting to see whether he can dislodge Alves in the coming weeks before the transfer window slams shut.
Another Spanish website, Superdeporte, suggest Arsenal did make a bid of around 10 million euros that was immediately rejected by Valencia.