Arsenal & Manchester City are chasing Real Madrid’s Iker Casillas [Mundo Deportivo]
- August 27, 2013
Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo have reported the unlikely story that Real Madrid goalie Iker Casillas could be set to leave the Bernabeu with Arsenal and Manchester City eager to sign the keeper.
The report in El Mundo Deportivo fails to feel credible with a lack of quotes and a heavy dose of ifs, buts and maybes.
According to the report, Arsenal are Manchester City are waiting from a signal from Casillas that he wants out of Madrid after the keeper has once again found himself playing second fiddle to Diego Lopes under new manager Carlo Ancelotti.
Arsenal are well known to be looking for extra keeper cover with only Wojciech Szczesny available in their squad, while Manuel Pellegrini is said to be considering goalie options after Joe Hart’s shakey start to the new Premier League season.
For the record, Casillas has a contract at Real Madrid until 2017.
Footage of an unhappy looking Iker Casillas refusing to warm up v Betis last week in La Liga can be seen below.
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi