- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Arsenal & Man City on alert as Monaco pull the plug on signing Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes
French daily L’Equipe have reported on Tuesday that Monaco have pulled the plug on signing Barcelona goalie Victor Valdes.
Valdes, 32, was all ready to move to the Principality this summer as his contract at Barcelona expired, but in March the tore ligaments in his knee which were set to keep him out of action for at least six months.
Facing the real possibility of becoming an unaffiliated player whilst nursing the horror injury of his career, some Spanish sites reported that claim Barcelona would offer Valdes a new deal should no other offers come in for the 32-year-old stopper.
The scenario now seems a distinct possibility as AS Monaco have announced they are backtracking on an agreement to sign Valdes on a free transfer after it had seemed that the deal was done.
Although still recuperating, there is now plenty of chatter that Manchester City and Arsenal could make a move to snap up Valdes on a free.
After the Gunners let Lukasz Fabianski move to Swansea they are in need of a keeper, and Valdes has long been mentioned as a possible target.
Similarly, Man City have also long been linked to the Spanish goalie, and the Citizens could also pounce for Valdes.
- Updated: June 10, 2014