Arsenal & Man City on alert as Monaco pull the plug on signing Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes
French daily L’Equipe have reported on Tuesday that Monaco have pulled the plug on signing Barcelona goalie Victor Valdes.
Valdes, 32, was all ready to move to the Principality this summer as his contract at Barcelona expired, but in March the tore ligaments in his knee which were set to keep him out of action for at least six months.
Facing the real possibility of becoming an unaffiliated player whilst nursing the horror injury of his career, some Spanish sites reported that claim Barcelona would offer Valdes a new deal should no other offers come in for the 32-year-old stopper.
The scenario now seems a distinct possibility as AS Monaco have announced they are backtracking on an agreement to sign Valdes on a free transfer after it had seemed that the deal was done.
Although still recuperating, there is now plenty of chatter that Manchester City and Arsenal could make a move to snap up Valdes on a free.
After the Gunners let Lukasz Fabianski move to Swansea they are in need of a keeper, and Valdes has long been mentioned as a possible target.
Similarly, Man City have also long been linked to the Spanish goalie, and the Citizens could also pounce for Valdes.
Watch Live Stream
- Jack Wilshere responds to Jamie Redknapp’s prediction that he won’t return to ArsenalOctober 24, 2016
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- Andres Iniesta’s injury timetable sees him miss 12 Barcelona fixtures, including ClasicoOctober 23, 2016
- Neymar loses a court case regarding the birth of his son Davi Lucca [Noticias24]October 23, 2016
- New video angle emerges of Barcelona players being hit by bottles & Leo Messi’s rage (video)October 23, 2016
- Leo Messi at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Valencia (Official video)October 22, 2016
- Guardiola locks Man City players in dressing room for 45 minutes after draw against SouthamptonOctober 23, 2016
- Pep Guardiola refuses to blame John Stones after 1-1 draw with Southampton (Video)October 23, 2016
- Twitter mocks John Stones as Manchester City defender makes another big mistake v SouthamptonOctober 23, 2016
- Kompany & Sergio Aguero start: Manchester City v Southampton [Team Sheets]October 23, 2016