Arsenal loanee Andre Santos opens his Gremio account against Flu in the Copa Libertadores
- February 21, 2013
He’s leaves Arsenal, he starts scoring!
Less than 48 hours after the Gunners were torn apart by Bayern Munich in the Champions League, their most recent departee has shown how players can often thrive once they leave the Emirates.
Andre Santos, the Brazilian left-back who failed to impress since being signed by Arsene Wenger in 2011, was farmed out to Gremio several days ago, and the South American has begun his life for his new employers by getting on the scoresheet in his second match.
Playing away at Fluminense in the Copa Libertadores, Andre Santos scored Gremio’s second goal of the game in a 3-0 whitewash for the visitors.
The goal itself wasn’t anything special – a simple tap rebound in from a few yards out – however the goal will instantly remind Arsenal fans about the large amount of players who have left their squad over recent seasons only to prosper elsewhere.
Watch Andre Santos’ not-so-special Gremio goal below, while after the fold is a list of players who have won trophies since exiting the Emirates.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]