Arsenal lead at the break after impressive first half display against Man City [Tweets]
Arsenal lead 2-0 at the break in their Community Shield clash with Manchester City after putting in an impressive display against the Premier League champions.
Santi Cazorla put the Gunners ahead midway through the half before Aaron Ramsey doubled their advantage after good work from Yaya Sanogo.
Not only have Arsenal looked threatening throughout, fans will also feel encouraged by how well their new signings have integrated into the team.
City, meanwhile, are missing a number of key players and looked to be growing into the game before Ramsey’s strike. Pellegrini must give a rousing team-talk to have any hope of a comeback.
The team to have scored the first goal has gone on to win just one of the previous three Community Shield fixtures. pic.twitter.com/yFWZik0i49
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) August 10, 2014
Ramsey is going to be huge this year
— Tom Adams (@tomEurosport) August 10, 2014
Quick, clever feet from Ramsey, strong finish. 2-0 to #afc. City missing Kompany’s organising
— Henry Winter (@henrywinter) August 10, 2014
Arsenal looking decent. Hungry to attack at pace everytime they get chance. Man City seem to have forgotten about midfield. #COYG
— Damien Smith (@SmiffyDEE) August 10, 2014
Forgot how good Arsenal are at the beginning of the season when there’s absolutely no pressure to cause a catastrophic collapse.
— pauliegunn (@PaulGunning1) August 10, 2014
Arsenal haven’t even had to play well to lead, looks very easy. City seem so sluggish, only joy coming when they attack Debuchy/Chambers.
— Doron Salomon (@DoronSalomon) August 10, 2014
26. Aaron Ramsey has had a hand in 26 goals in 35 competitive apps for Arsenal since start of last season (17 goals, nine assists). Form.
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) August 10, 2014
Here we go. Wait for the Arsenal fans. “We’re gonna win the league, the Champions League, the FA Cup” Yeh cos we won the Community Shield.
— Neymarred (@Neymarred) August 10, 2014
Three brilliant aspects of that goal: Sanchez’s inch perfect through ball, Sanogo’s strength and Ramsey’s second touch. Arsenal 2 City 0.
— FG (@FunnyGooner) August 10, 2014
Arsenal have been incredible today
— (@erando91) August 10, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal fans will love this World Cup video of Mustafi and Mertesacker dancingAugust 31, 2016
- The 10 most Tweeted about transfers in the summer window ft. Man United & ArsenalAugust 31, 2016
- Arsenal’s Wenger spends deadline day in Switzerland, Tottenham’s Pochettino is in SpainAugust 31, 2016
- Looks like Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere is heading to Italy [David Ornstein, BBC]August 31, 2016
- Watch Joe Hart’s first Torino interview after joining from Man City (Video)August 31, 2016
- Doing a Man United? Pep Guardiola made a €40m bid for a Monaco teenager [L’Equipe]August 31, 2016
- Everton & West Ham target Wilfried Bony tweets about his exciting new challengeAugust 31, 2016
- Joe Hart will only cost Torino €1million on loan from Man City [Sky Italia]August 30, 2016