Arsenal lead at the break after impressive first half display against Man City [Tweets]
Arsenal lead 2-0 at the break in their Community Shield clash with Manchester City after putting in an impressive display against the Premier League champions.
Santi Cazorla put the Gunners ahead midway through the half before Aaron Ramsey doubled their advantage after good work from Yaya Sanogo.
Not only have Arsenal looked threatening throughout, fans will also feel encouraged by how well their new signings have integrated into the team.
City, meanwhile, are missing a number of key players and looked to be growing into the game before Ramsey’s strike. Pellegrini must give a rousing team-talk to have any hope of a comeback.
The team to have scored the first goal has gone on to win just one of the previous three Community Shield fixtures. pic.twitter.com/yFWZik0i49
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) August 10, 2014
Ramsey is going to be huge this year
— Tom Adams (@tomEurosport) August 10, 2014
Quick, clever feet from Ramsey, strong finish. 2-0 to #afc. City missing Kompany’s organising
— Henry Winter (@henrywinter) August 10, 2014
Arsenal looking decent. Hungry to attack at pace everytime they get chance. Man City seem to have forgotten about midfield. #COYG
— Damien Smith (@SmiffyDEE) August 10, 2014
Forgot how good Arsenal are at the beginning of the season when there’s absolutely no pressure to cause a catastrophic collapse.
— pauliegunn (@PaulGunning1) August 10, 2014
Arsenal haven’t even had to play well to lead, looks very easy. City seem so sluggish, only joy coming when they attack Debuchy/Chambers.
— Doron Salomon (@DoronSalomon) August 10, 2014
26. Aaron Ramsey has had a hand in 26 goals in 35 competitive apps for Arsenal since start of last season (17 goals, nine assists). Form.
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) August 10, 2014
Here we go. Wait for the Arsenal fans. “We’re gonna win the league, the Champions League, the FA Cup” Yeh cos we won the Community Shield.
— Neymarred (@Neymarred) August 10, 2014
Three brilliant aspects of that goal: Sanchez’s inch perfect through ball, Sanogo’s strength and Ramsey’s second touch. Arsenal 2 City 0.
— FG (@FunnyGooner) August 10, 2014
Arsenal have been incredible today
— (@erando91) August 10, 2014
- Gedion Zelalem bags an inch-perfect gorgeous assist for Arsenal U19s v Celtic (Video)
- Unreal skills: Laurent Koscielny scores a glorious rabona in Arsenal training (Official...
- Man United’s Daley Blind admits he rejected “incredible” Arsenal offe...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Arsene Wenger smashes the Arsenal crossbar challenge with first attempt (Video)
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
YOU MAY ALSO TRY SEARCHING
- Rafa Benitez takes the moral high ground after Jose Mourinho’s diet jibe (Quotes)
- Spurs fans react to the news that Eric Dier will be playing in midfield v MLS [Best Twe...
- Individual highlights of Kenedy’s debut for Chelsea against Barcelona (Video)
- Amazing: Cristiano Ronaldo’s unbelievably cool piece of skill in Real Madrid trai...
- Arturo Vidal’s father arrested for possession of drugs and knives (La Cuarta)
- Wolves’ Nouha Dicko absolutely skinned Aston Villa defender Alan Hutton with a br...
- Al Ain 0 – Hull 4: Ahmed Elmohamady scores a double for the Tigers (Highlights)
- Napoli attacker Lorenzo Insigne scores lob in 5-1 friendly win over Cittadella (Video)