- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
- Van Gaal’s very Van Gaal response to being asked about Manchester United’s January transfer policy [Vine]
- Arsene Wenger: ‘It was Santi Cazorla’s turn to take penalty, Alexis Sanchez accepted it’ [Video]
- Keith Millen: ‘I am ready to take over as full time Crystal Palace boss, players respect me’ [Video]
- QPR boss Harry Redknapp: ‘We need a striker, but I don’t think we’re gonna find a good one!’
Arsenal interested in signing Man United’s Rio Ferdinand, but QPR, LA Galaxy & Galatasaray also options [Mirror]
Could Rio Ferdinand be headed to Arsenal this summer?
The Sunday Mirror’s Simon Mullock has penned an unlikely story in the tabloid this weekend claiming that the Manchester United defender could leave Old Trafford this summer to head to the Emirates.
What seems certain is that Rio Ferdinand, 35, doesn’t seem close to calling time on his football career.
Arsenal will be a shock option for Rio Ferdinand if he is not offered a new contract at Old Trafford.
Arsene Wenger is an admirer of Ferdinand, and Sunday Mirror Sport understands that he is considering a move if the 35-year-old becomes a free agent.
The Mirror also list QPR, the LA Galaxy and Turkish sides Galatasaray and Besiktas as all interested suitors for Ferdinand’s signature, while the GUardian recently added the name of Al Gharafa as another alternative.
- Updated: May 3, 2014