Arsenal interested in signing Man United’s Rio Ferdinand, but QPR, LA Galaxy & Galatasaray also options [Mirror]
- May 3, 2014
Could Rio Ferdinand be headed to Arsenal this summer?
The Sunday Mirror’s Simon Mullock has penned an unlikely story in the tabloid this weekend claiming that the Manchester United defender could leave Old Trafford this summer to head to the Emirates.
What seems certain is that Rio Ferdinand, 35, doesn’t seem close to calling time on his football career.
Arsenal will be a shock option for Rio Ferdinand if he is not offered a new contract at Old Trafford.
Arsene Wenger is an admirer of Ferdinand, and Sunday Mirror Sport understands that he is considering a move if the 35-year-old becomes a free agent.
The Mirror also list QPR, the LA Galaxy and Turkish sides Galatasaray and Besiktas as all interested suitors for Ferdinand’s signature, while the GUardian recently added the name of Al Gharafa as another alternative.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...