- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
- NUTS: Marseille’s Florian Thauvin pulls off slick Elastico-Nutmeg v Nantes [GIF]
- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
Arsenal interested in signing Man United’s Rio Ferdinand, but QPR, LA Galaxy & Galatasaray also options [Mirror]
- May 3, 2014
Could Rio Ferdinand be headed to Arsenal this summer?
The Sunday Mirror’s Simon Mullock has penned an unlikely story in the tabloid this weekend claiming that the Manchester United defender could leave Old Trafford this summer to head to the Emirates.
What seems certain is that Rio Ferdinand, 35, doesn’t seem close to calling time on his football career.
Arsenal will be a shock option for Rio Ferdinand if he is not offered a new contract at Old Trafford.
Arsene Wenger is an admirer of Ferdinand, and Sunday Mirror Sport understands that he is considering a move if the 35-year-old becomes a free agent.
The Mirror also list QPR, the LA Galaxy and Turkish sides Galatasaray and Besiktas as all interested suitors for Ferdinand’s signature, while the GUardian recently added the name of Al Gharafa as another alternative.