Arsenal hold talks with Spanish “whizzkid” Saul Niguez, Chelsea also keen [Sunday People]
- January 11, 2014
Arsenal find themselves on the back of the Sunday People tomorrow, with a suggestion from Alan Nixon that the Gunners have already held talks with an up and coming Spanish midfielder.
Saul Niguez, a 19-year-old midfielder, is being tracked by the Gunners and Chelsea and looks to be one of the up and coming stars in Spain.
Currently on loan at Rayo Vallecano, Niguez has appeared for Spain at all youth levels and is exactly the type of player Arsene Wenger usually plunders at a young age.
Whether Atletico would sell Niguez to either Arsenal or Chelsea seems unlikely but this is not the first time the two Premier League sides have been linked with an asset from the joint La Liga leaders.
Brazilian Spanish striker Diego Costa has reportedly been targeted by both clubs and it seems more likely that Atletico will sell a big name player next summer to balance the books, rather than one coming up through the ranks.
Footage of Saul Niguez in action for Spain Under-19s is on the video below.
The Arsenal and Chelsea target has played 16 matches for struggling Rayo Vallecano this term.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...