- Man City fly in Monaco’s Layvin Kurzawa on a private jet, but left-back sees Bayern game in his hotel
- Enfield’s Edgar Davids! Spurs fans have prepared a new Ryan Mason flag!
- Man United may move for Wesley Sneijder after he was dropped by Galatasaray [Star]
- All the Lionel Messi Champions League records broken by hat-trick v APOEL
- Welling’s Harry Beautyman was subjected to a horrific set of fouls from Halifax players [Video]
Arsenal hold talks with Spanish “whizzkid” Saul Niguez, Chelsea also keen [Sunday People]
Arsenal find themselves on the back of the Sunday People tomorrow, with a suggestion from Alan Nixon that the Gunners have already held talks with an up and coming Spanish midfielder.
Saul Niguez, a 19-year-old midfielder, is being tracked by the Gunners and Chelsea and looks to be one of the up and coming stars in Spain.
Currently on loan at Rayo Vallecano, Niguez has appeared for Spain at all youth levels and is exactly the type of player Arsene Wenger usually plunders at a young age.
Whether Atletico would sell Niguez to either Arsenal or Chelsea seems unlikely but this is not the first time the two Premier League sides have been linked with an asset from the joint La Liga leaders.
Brazilian Spanish striker Diego Costa has reportedly been targeted by both clubs and it seems more likely that Atletico will sell a big name player next summer to balance the books, rather than one coming up through the ranks.
Footage of Saul Niguez in action for Spain Under-19s is on the video below.
The Arsenal and Chelsea target has played 16 matches for struggling Rayo Vallecano this term.
- Updated: January 11, 2014