Arsenal hold talks with Spanish “whizzkid” Saul Niguez, Chelsea also keen [Sunday People]
- January 11, 2014
Arsenal find themselves on the back of the Sunday People tomorrow, with a suggestion from Alan Nixon that the Gunners have already held talks with an up and coming Spanish midfielder.
Saul Niguez, a 19-year-old midfielder, is being tracked by the Gunners and Chelsea and looks to be one of the up and coming stars in Spain.
Currently on loan at Rayo Vallecano, Niguez has appeared for Spain at all youth levels and is exactly the type of player Arsene Wenger usually plunders at a young age.
Whether Atletico would sell Niguez to either Arsenal or Chelsea seems unlikely but this is not the first time the two Premier League sides have been linked with an asset from the joint La Liga leaders.
Brazilian Spanish striker Diego Costa has reportedly been targeted by both clubs and it seems more likely that Atletico will sell a big name player next summer to balance the books, rather than one coming up through the ranks.
Footage of Saul Niguez in action for Spain Under-19s is on the video below.
The Arsenal and Chelsea target has played 16 matches for struggling Rayo Vallecano this term.
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi