- Arsene Wenger: Koscielny out of Liverpool-Arsenal, Ramsey set to miss Xmas period
- Mega Odds! Back West Ham to beat Leicester in the Premier League at 5/1!!!!
- Special Offer! Back Man City to beat Crystal Palace in the Premier League at 3/1!!!!
- Price Boost! Back Barcelona to beat Cordoba in La Liga at 5/4!!!
- Mousa Dembele pulled off a great back heel pass during Spurs win over Newcastle [GIF]
Arsenal hold talks with Spanish “whizzkid” Saul Niguez, Chelsea also keen [Sunday People]
Arsenal find themselves on the back of the Sunday People tomorrow, with a suggestion from Alan Nixon that the Gunners have already held talks with an up and coming Spanish midfielder.
Saul Niguez, a 19-year-old midfielder, is being tracked by the Gunners and Chelsea and looks to be one of the up and coming stars in Spain.
Currently on loan at Rayo Vallecano, Niguez has appeared for Spain at all youth levels and is exactly the type of player Arsene Wenger usually plunders at a young age.
Whether Atletico would sell Niguez to either Arsenal or Chelsea seems unlikely but this is not the first time the two Premier League sides have been linked with an asset from the joint La Liga leaders.
Brazilian Spanish striker Diego Costa has reportedly been targeted by both clubs and it seems more likely that Atletico will sell a big name player next summer to balance the books, rather than one coming up through the ranks.
Footage of Saul Niguez in action for Spain Under-19s is on the video below.
The Arsenal and Chelsea target has played 16 matches for struggling Rayo Vallecano this term.
- Updated: January 11, 2014