- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
“Arsenal have cooled their interest in Julian Draxler” [Jan Aage Fjortoft]
Re: Lars Bender to Arsenal rumour - Leverkusen solid funding (Bayer) - they like to say "not for sale" - new coach. Best players must stay?
— Jan Aage Fjortoft (@JanAageFjortoft) April 30, 2014
Re: Draxler As tweeted before: Arsenal have cooled their interest. Bayern could take him NEXT season. But he needs to improve.
— Jan Aage Fjortoft (@JanAageFjortoft) May 1, 2014
Arsenal are undoubtedly the most German of all Premier League sides.
Per Mertesacker, Lukas Podolski and Mesut Ozil make up a core of Germans at the club, not forgetting Serge Gnabry as well.
This summer it looks like there will be further imports from the Bundesliga with Josip Drmic heavily linked from Nurnberg and links today in the papers with a move for defensive midfielder Lars Bender.
As a result, Sky Germany pundits such as Lothar Matthäus and Jan Aage Fjortoft have become key breakers of news with regards to Arsenal.
Fjortoft was all over Mesut Ozil’s move to Arsenal last summer. And, gave intriguing updates throughout the January transfer window with Julian Draxler linked heavily with the Gunners.
Today, former Swindon and Middlesbrough striker Draxler has Tweeted that a move for Lars Bender may be hard to pull off.
And, that Arsenal have “cooled their interest in Julian Draxler” – with the Schalke playmaker not quite so impressive in the second half of the season.
- Updated: May 1, 2014