Arsenal have a £30 million offer for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez rejected [Telegraph]
The Telegraph have dropped a transfer story bombshell on Sunday night.
According to journalist Chris Bascombe:
Arsenal have had a formal bid of around £30 million for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez rejected. In one of the most audacious moves of the summer so far, Arsenal representatives made a direct approach to the Merseyside club for Suárez last week and were immediately rebuffed.
Liverpool insist that the South American is not for sale, and the Arsenal valuation – believed to be less than the £35 million fee Merseyside club paid for Andy Carroll two years ago – has taken many by surprise.
Arsenal felt suitably encouraged to contact Anfield officials to register their desire to buy the 26-year-old Uruguayan. It has now emerged that it went beyond an inquiry, and although neither club is prepared to comment on the discussions or clarify the precise amount offered it is clear it was unacceptable to Liverpool.
The story in the Telegraph comes after several days of gossip surrounding Luis Suarez. On Wednesday night, the bookies slashed odds on the Uruguayan joining Arsenal and on Thursday evening reports from Spain suggested Chelsea had made a move for the Liverpool striker.
The Telegraph leave room for further Suárez-Arsenal stories to come in the next few days, reporting: It remains to be seen if Arsenal plan to improve their offer. If they increase a bid to £40 million, Suárez could seek permission to speak to Arsène Wenger.
All of a sudden Arsenal fans are beginning to believe that Luis Suárez and Gonzalo Higuain could spearhead their attack in 2013-14.
- Arsene Wenger: We surprised Manchester United with our pace (Video)
- Arsenal fan uses the win over Man United to send a message to Jose Mourinho (Video)
- Louis van Gaal was ‘amazed’ at how much space Man United gave Arsenal (Video)
- The confusing story about Arsenal’s new £130,000-a-week contract offer to Alexis ...
- Jamie Carragher explains why he’d like Jurgen Klopp to be new Liverpool boss (Video)
- Jamie Carragher and Graeme Souness speak about Brendan Rodgers being sacked (Video)
- Betting on Jurgen Klopp becoming the new Liverpool boss has been suspended (Tweets)
- Thierry Henry’s reaction to Brendan Rodgers getting sacked was pure TV gold (Vine)
- Kyriakos Papadopoulos mocked Luis Suarez for being a biter during Barca’s win v L...
- Luis Suarez jokingly tries to slap Sergi Roberto in Barcelona training (Video)
- Injured Leo Messi gets a ride to Barcelona training from neighbour Luis Suarez (Video)
- Luis Suarez bags a brace as Barcelona beat Las Palmas 2-1 (official video)