Arsenal have a £30 million offer for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez rejected [Telegraph]
- July 7, 2013
The Telegraph have dropped a transfer story bombshell on Sunday night.
According to journalist Chris Bascombe:
Arsenal have had a formal bid of around £30 million for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez rejected. In one of the most audacious moves of the summer so far, Arsenal representatives made a direct approach to the Merseyside club for Suárez last week and were immediately rebuffed.
Liverpool insist that the South American is not for sale, and the Arsenal valuation – believed to be less than the £35 million fee Merseyside club paid for Andy Carroll two years ago – has taken many by surprise.
Arsenal felt suitably encouraged to contact Anfield officials to register their desire to buy the 26-year-old Uruguayan. It has now emerged that it went beyond an inquiry, and although neither club is prepared to comment on the discussions or clarify the precise amount offered it is clear it was unacceptable to Liverpool.
The story in the Telegraph comes after several days of gossip surrounding Luis Suarez. On Wednesday night, the bookies slashed odds on the Uruguayan joining Arsenal and on Thursday evening reports from Spain suggested Chelsea had made a move for the Liverpool striker.
The Telegraph leave room for further Suárez-Arsenal stories to come in the next few days, reporting: It remains to be seen if Arsenal plan to improve their offer. If they increase a bid to £40 million, Suárez could seek permission to speak to Arsène Wenger.
All of a sudden Arsenal fans are beginning to believe that Luis Suárez and Gonzalo Higuain could spearhead their attack in 2013-14.
- Arsenal want Karim Benzema & the Gunners have €65m stashed away for the deal [AS]
- Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny let in two goals on his Roma debut (Video)
- Man United hero Roy Keane claims Arsenal have a ‘selfie culture’ [Telegraph]
- Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner wins the Super Cup with an 89th minute leveller & wi...
- Which club is bigger Arsenal or Chelsea? [AFTV v CFC]
- Chelsea captain John Terry admits it will be strange to play against ‘Big Pete...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi