Arsenal have a £30 million offer for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez rejected [Telegraph]
- July 7, 2013
The Telegraph have dropped a transfer story bombshell on Sunday night.
According to journalist Chris Bascombe:
Arsenal have had a formal bid of around £30 million for Liverpool striker Luis Suárez rejected. In one of the most audacious moves of the summer so far, Arsenal representatives made a direct approach to the Merseyside club for Suárez last week and were immediately rebuffed.
Liverpool insist that the South American is not for sale, and the Arsenal valuation – believed to be less than the £35 million fee Merseyside club paid for Andy Carroll two years ago – has taken many by surprise.
Arsenal felt suitably encouraged to contact Anfield officials to register their desire to buy the 26-year-old Uruguayan. It has now emerged that it went beyond an inquiry, and although neither club is prepared to comment on the discussions or clarify the precise amount offered it is clear it was unacceptable to Liverpool.
The story in the Telegraph comes after several days of gossip surrounding Luis Suarez. On Wednesday night, the bookies slashed odds on the Uruguayan joining Arsenal and on Thursday evening reports from Spain suggested Chelsea had made a move for the Liverpool striker.
The Telegraph leave room for further Suárez-Arsenal stories to come in the next few days, reporting: It remains to be seen if Arsenal plan to improve their offer. If they increase a bid to £40 million, Suárez could seek permission to speak to Arsène Wenger.
All of a sudden Arsenal fans are beginning to believe that Luis Suárez and Gonzalo Higuain could spearhead their attack in 2013-14.
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Thierry Henry analyses Arsenal’s lack of signings, concedes Gunners will not win ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...