Arsenal goal comparison: Lukas Podolski v Montpellier (2012) & George Graham v Liverpool (1970)
- November 25, 2012
The video below is rather special and may well cheer up Arsenal fans reeling from a disappointing display in drawing 0-0 at Aston Villa on Saturday night.
(Arsenal’s performance at Villa Park was very much summed up by Arsene Wenger swearing live on TV early in the second half…)
One Arsenal fan enjoyed Lukas Podolski’s fine goal against Montpellier in midweek and has produced an excellent comparison video with a Gunners strike scored over 40 years ago.
Before George Graham produced some of the most defensively resilient sides ever seen in English football, the dour Scot was a creative midfielder in Arsenal’s double-winning side, nicknamed “The Stroller” who had a habit of scoring wonder goals.
And, on November 28, 1970, Graham produced an almost identical goal to Podolski’s in the Champions League at Arsenal’s old home Highbury, in a 2-0 win over Liverpool.
Compare and contrast below. It is quite uncanny!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”262424″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...