Arsenal goal comparison: Lukas Podolski v Montpellier (2012) & George Graham v Liverpool (1970)
- November 25, 2012
The video below is rather special and may well cheer up Arsenal fans reeling from a disappointing display in drawing 0-0 at Aston Villa on Saturday night.
(Arsenal’s performance at Villa Park was very much summed up by Arsene Wenger swearing live on TV early in the second half…)
One Arsenal fan enjoyed Lukas Podolski’s fine goal against Montpellier in midweek and has produced an excellent comparison video with a Gunners strike scored over 40 years ago.
Before George Graham produced some of the most defensively resilient sides ever seen in English football, the dour Scot was a creative midfielder in Arsenal’s double-winning side, nicknamed “The Stroller” who had a habit of scoring wonder goals.
And, on November 28, 1970, Graham produced an almost identical goal to Podolski’s in the Champions League at Arsenal’s old home Highbury, in a 2-0 win over Liverpool.
Compare and contrast below. It is quite uncanny!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”262424″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...