- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
Arsenal goal comparison: Lukas Podolski v Montpellier (2012) & George Graham v Liverpool (1970)
The video below is rather special and may well cheer up Arsenal fans reeling from a disappointing display in drawing 0-0 at Aston Villa on Saturday night.
(Arsenal’s performance at Villa Park was very much summed up by Arsene Wenger swearing live on TV early in the second half…)
One Arsenal fan enjoyed Lukas Podolski’s fine goal against Montpellier in midweek and has produced an excellent comparison video with a Gunners strike scored over 40 years ago.
Before George Graham produced some of the most defensively resilient sides ever seen in English football, the dour Scot was a creative midfielder in Arsenal’s double-winning side, nicknamed “The Stroller” who had a habit of scoring wonder goals.
And, on November 28, 1970, Graham produced an almost identical goal to Podolski’s in the Champions League at Arsenal’s old home Highbury, in a 2-0 win over Liverpool.
Compare and contrast below. It is quite uncanny!
- Updated: November 25, 2012