Arsenal goal comparison: Lukas Podolski v Montpellier (2012) & George Graham v Liverpool (1970)
- November 25, 2012
The video below is rather special and may well cheer up Arsenal fans reeling from a disappointing display in drawing 0-0 at Aston Villa on Saturday night.
(Arsenal’s performance at Villa Park was very much summed up by Arsene Wenger swearing live on TV early in the second half…)
One Arsenal fan enjoyed Lukas Podolski’s fine goal against Montpellier in midweek and has produced an excellent comparison video with a Gunners strike scored over 40 years ago.
Before George Graham produced some of the most defensively resilient sides ever seen in English football, the dour Scot was a creative midfielder in Arsenal’s double-winning side, nicknamed “The Stroller” who had a habit of scoring wonder goals.
And, on November 28, 1970, Graham produced an almost identical goal to Podolski’s in the Champions League at Arsenal’s old home Highbury, in a 2-0 win over Liverpool.
Compare and contrast below. It is quite uncanny!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”262424″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi