Arsenal forward Wellington Silva scores a solo golazo for Alcoyano vs Cordoba
Arsenal’s Spanish-based loanees have done OK this season.
Whilst Carlos Vela has grabbed most of the limelight playing for Real Sociedad, the second tier has witnessed a selection of fine cameos from the less well known Gunners’ forward Wellington Silva.
Here are some facts about the 19-year-old Brazilian.
In January 2011 he signed for Arsenal from Fluminese for a reported £3.5m. He played in a reserve match against Manchester United (he scored) as well as a closed-doors friendly against Dagenham & Redbridge (scored two). Silva was then denied a work visa for, what one can assume, was a wafer thin dossier of playing time whilst in the capital.
He was shipped off to Levante, where his progress was equally stunted. Silva made two league appearances (Almeria and Zaragoza) in a total of 36 minutes, adding a friendly goal against Belgium side Lierse during the calander year.
He was then moved by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger onto Segunda Division side Alcoyano at the start of 2012, who were languishing in 17th place in the 22-team league when he unpacked. Yet that lowly league position has afforded the teenager more minutes playing time than he’s had up till now.
The Brazilian has clocked 780 minutes in 14 games, and several weeks back Wellington Silva scored a consolation beauty in a 4-3 loss to Villarreal II.
On Friday night the youngster added another excellent goal to his scrapbook during a thrilling 3-3 draw with Cordoba.
With 20 minutes gone, Wellington Silva broke the deadlock as he raced clear from just inside the Cordoba half, twisted a defender inside-out, before firing a low shot through his opponent’s legs that nestled into the far bottom corner.
[jwplayer config=”Just-for-homepage-videos” mediaid=”178113″]
- Incredible bicycle kick assist & bicycle kick goal scored by James Island Boys Soc...
- Chilean Mauricio Pinilla (Atalanta) ridiculous overhead kick golazo v Cesena [Video]
- Chelsea away fans chant ‘boring boring Chelsea’ at 3-1 up v Leicester City ...
- Philippe Mexes stunning thunderbolt golazo for AC Milan v Genoa [Video]
- Arsene Wenger: We surprised Manchester United with our pace (Video)
- Arsenal fan uses the win over Man United to send a message to Jose Mourinho (Video)
- Louis van Gaal was ‘amazed’ at how much space Man United gave Arsenal (Video)
- The confusing story about Arsenal’s new £130,000-a-week contract offer to Alexis ...
- Bayer Leverkusen set piece specialist Hakan Calhanoglu (21) glorious free kick golazo [...
- Galatasaray 2 – Fenerbahce 1: Wesley Sneijder scores TWO late golazos [Highlights]
- Better than Cristiano Ronaldo? Stunning free kick golazo scored in Sunday League [Video]
- Still got it! Arsenal legend Thierry Henry scores absolute screamer for NY Red Bulls v ...