Arsenal fans slag off Mesut Ozil as a luxury and lazy player after the Man City hammering
- December 14, 2013
For a while now there has been some discontent from a section of Arsenal supporters towards marquee summer signing Mesut Ozil, and after the 6-3 battering at Manchester City those opinions are getting louder.
Ozil was bollocked by Per Mertesacker at the full time whistle for his failure to applaud the travelling supporters, and Gunners fans slagged off the German international after the game.
The negative opinions are Ozil are grounded in a few central themes.
Firstly there are question marks about wether the Arsenal #11 delivers as much on the pitch as his transfer fee requires. Second there are criticisms that Ozil doesn’t affect games enough. And those highly critical of the German playmaker call him a “luxury” and “lazy”.
For the record, Arsenal have now lost to Manchester City, Manchester United, Napoli, Chelsea, Borussia Dortmund and Aston Villa this season.
Yet, Arsenal are still top of the Premier League by two points over Chelsea, and they are in the last-16 of the Champions League.
Hear Arsenal fans ranting against Mesut Ozil below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...