- Pellegrini glad to see his Manchester City side bounce back with win over West Ham [Video]
- Jamie Carragher takes dig at Raheem Sterling on Twitter & berates Liverpool’s recruitment policy
- Fernando Torres describes Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard as the ideal footballer [Video]
- Incredibly wet conditions cause hilarious fail during Montpellier’s clash with Caen [Vine]
- Brendan Rodgers describes Steven Gerrard’s performance v Aston Villa as ‘excellent’ [Video]
Arsenal fans sang to Luis Suarez: “You should have signed for a big club” [The Tweets]
- November 2, 2013
In the first half of Arsenal’s win over Liverpool on Saturday evening, Luis Suarez went over to take a corner in front of the Arsenal fans.
With the summer transfer saga still fresh in the memory, Arsenal supporters decided to remind the Uruguayan striker that he “should have signed for a big club.”
The subsequent 2-0 Arsenal victory with Arsene Wenger’s side going five points clear at the top of the table, suggests Suarez could well have joined a (current) bigger club.
But, many Liverpool fans reacted with incredulity on Twitter with the Merseyside giants enjoying a fantastic history, the envy of almost every other big club in Europe.
How good would Arsenal be had they signed Luis Suarez?!
Arsenal fans to Suarez as he takes corner: 'You should have signed for a big club' Sung very half-heartedly, it should be said
— Sam Wallace (@SamWallaceIndy) November 2, 2013
"Signed for a big club"? Real never came calling lads
— Blame Suárez (@Blame_Suarez) November 2, 2013
Arsenal fans sing "you should have signed for a big club" to Luis Suarez. Haha, right. pic.twitter.com/1SbvXCPKND
— Si (@PhantomGoal) November 2, 2013
Arsenal fans singing you should of signed for a big club to suarez Big clubs don't go 8 years without winning a single trophy
— Sam Repton (@MuFc_Sam92) November 2, 2013
Arsenal fans singing “You should have signed for a big club” at Suarez – unfortunately none of those came in for him. #LFC
— Becci (@becc_one) November 2, 2013