- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Arsenal fans sang “Tim Sherwood’s a Gooner” during FA Cup win over Spurs [video]
Will the fact Tim Sherwood admitted on national television that he is a lifelong Arsenal fan affect how he manages at Spurs?
Despite two cup exits whilst in charge at Spurs, Tim Sherwood has bagged 10 points from 12 in the Premier League and looks like being able to lead the north London side to challenge for a top four position.
Whether they get it will likely be down to Sherwood’s off-field acumen combined with player performances that are better than the likes of Liverpool, Everton and Manchester United from the Tottenham team.
Nevertheless, there is one issue for Sherwood that might become a problem if results don’t go his way.
The interview with Sherwood, where he admitted he was an Arsenal fan, is likely to be replayed on a regular basis and Gooners at the Emirates yesterday were keen to remind the Spurs boss of this fact – see video above.
Sherwood was asked about this on Friday in his pre-Arsenal press conference and you can be sure there will be more chatter when Arsenal visit Spurs in March for their final Premier League clash of the season.
Below is Tim Sherwood’s post-match press conference after the Arsenal defeat, where he argues that his Tottenham side were “not overrun in midfield.”
- Updated: January 5, 2014