- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws a number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
- PSV confirm they’ve had a telephone call from Man United about Memphis Depay
- Shay Given credits Tim Sherwood after FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool [Video]
- Pellegrini glad to see his Manchester City side bounce back with win over West Ham [Video]
Arsenal fan Claude: ‘I feel sorry for Alexis Sanchez; he used to have Xavi, now he has Arteta’ [Video]
- August 3, 2014
After the high of Sanogo’s hat-trick and beating Benfica 5-1 yesterday, Arsenal were brought back to earth with a 0-1 defeat to Monaco today, meaning they again failed to lift the Emirates Cup as hosts.
Robbie from Arsenal TV spoke to some disappointed Gooners outside the ground, and caught up with regular crank Claude, who invariably has very little positive to say about his side.
Looking as if he’s just attended a funeral, the Arsenal fan said:
‘Mate I feel sorry for Alexis Sancez; he’s used to working with Xavi and Iniesta, now he’s got Arteta’, which cracked his fellow Gooners up.
But he was easy on Arteta compared to the criticism he had reserved for ‘that lump’ Olivier Giroud.
The guy went on a wide-ranging rant against Giroud, insisting that the French striker is just not good enough for a team with designs on the Premier League trophy.
‘I can’t have it! Can’t have it! He ain’t good enough, ain’t good enough!’