- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Arsenal enquire about a loan move for Chelsea’s Demba Ba [BBC & Mirror]
More on Arsenal's move for Demba Ba. The Blues are said to want a £3m loan fee for the striker, Arsenal have tabled £1.5m: #SkyDeadlineDay
— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) September 2, 2013
Deadline day is beginning to heat up and Arsene Wenger is finally getting active at Arsenal.
Chelsea’s Demba Ba is now behind Fernando Torres, Romelu Lukaku and Samuel Eto’o in the pecking order and with Chelsea playing with only one striker, his future appears to be elsewhere.
BBC‘s David Ornstein and the Mirror’s John Cross are both reporting that Arsenal have begun talks to sign Demba Ba on a season long loan.
Arsenal need back-up to Olivier Giroud and injury prone new signing Yaya Sanogo and former Newcastle star Demba Ba could be the answer.
Following a six month spell at Chelsea, Ba could go on loan to Arsenal to re-ignite his career.
A Sky Sports News report into Arsenal’s move for Demba Ba is below.
- Updated: September 2, 2013