Arsenal DID agree terms with Higuain, put deal on hold to chase Luis Suarez [BBC]
- August 9, 2013
Arsenal fans are getting worried.
With just over a week to go until Arsenal host Aston Villa at the Emirates for their first Premier League game of the 2013/2014, the only incoming player so far is Yaya Sanogo – a little known young French striker.
After some very public proclamations from the likes of Ivan Gazidis, Arsene Wenger has so far failed to splash the cash during what was supposed to be a lavish summer of spending.
With John W. Henry now publicly denying Liverpool will sell Luis Suarez to Arsenal, many are questioning where the Gunners go from here.
And, late on Thursday evening, reliable BBC journalist David Ornstein, who often has his ear to the ground on Arsenal gossip, Tweeted that the Gunners had agreed terms with Gonzalo Higuain but pulled out to sign Luis Suarez.
If Arsenal fail to bag Luis Suarez, claims such as the one below could really damage Arsene Wenger in the coming campaign.
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) August 8, 2013
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Gunners fans wish Abou Diaby farewell as he is officially released by Arsenal [Tweets]
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi