Arsenal DID agree terms with Higuain, put deal on hold to chase Luis Suarez [BBC]
- August 9, 2013
Arsenal fans are getting worried.
With just over a week to go until Arsenal host Aston Villa at the Emirates for their first Premier League game of the 2013/2014, the only incoming player so far is Yaya Sanogo – a little known young French striker.
After some very public proclamations from the likes of Ivan Gazidis, Arsene Wenger has so far failed to splash the cash during what was supposed to be a lavish summer of spending.
With John W. Henry now publicly denying Liverpool will sell Luis Suarez to Arsenal, many are questioning where the Gunners go from here.
And, late on Thursday evening, reliable BBC journalist David Ornstein, who often has his ear to the ground on Arsenal gossip, Tweeted that the Gunners had agreed terms with Gonzalo Higuain but pulled out to sign Luis Suarez.
If Arsenal fail to bag Luis Suarez, claims such as the one below could really damage Arsene Wenger in the coming campaign.
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) August 8, 2013
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...