- Neil Warnock disappointed Crystal Palace didn’t score more v Liverpool!
- Arsenal Alexis Sanchez is burnt out by too much football & too much sex [La Cuarta]
- Joao Moutinho to leave Monaco in January: Man United, Arsenal & Spurs interested [L'Equipe]
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere turned on Harpenden’s Xmas lights wearing a protective boot [Picture]
- PLONKER! Arsenal fan arrested for throwing red wine at Man United’s bench
Arsenal considering move for Ajax striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson [Corriere dello Sport]
Reports in Italy (Corriere dello Sport) and subsequently in Holland (Voetbal Zone) on Monday suggest the late Arsenal trolly dash at the end of the summer transfer window could include a move for Ajax striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson.
The 3-1 defeat to Aston Villa on Saturday has caused Arsenal to move for a host of players today, if you believe the reports, including Swansea pair Michu and Ashley Williams and Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye.
Kolbeinn Sigthorsson fits the bill for Arsenal as a young (23) physically imposing striker that could back up Olivier Giroud and adapt well to the Premier League.
But, whether Ajax would sell to Arsenal so late in the window is questionable, according to Corriere dello Sport, who suggest Arsene Wenger has been tracking the Iceland front man for some time.
Sigthorsson’s spell at Ajax has been punctuated by long injury spells but his two goal haul against Feyenoord on Sunday, in a 2-1 win, proved his ability.
Both of Sigthorsson’s goals v Feyenoord, the first a penalty, can be seen on the video below.
- Updated: August 19, 2013