Arsenal considering move for Ajax striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson [Corriere dello Sport]
- August 19, 2013
Reports in Italy (Corriere dello Sport) and subsequently in Holland (Voetbal Zone) on Monday suggest the late Arsenal trolly dash at the end of the summer transfer window could include a move for Ajax striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson.
The 3-1 defeat to Aston Villa on Saturday has caused Arsenal to move for a host of players today, if you believe the reports, including Swansea pair Michu and Ashley Williams and Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye.
Kolbeinn Sigthorsson fits the bill for Arsenal as a young (23) physically imposing striker that could back up Olivier Giroud and adapt well to the Premier League.
But, whether Ajax would sell to Arsenal so late in the window is questionable, according to Corriere dello Sport, who suggest Arsene Wenger has been tracking the Iceland front man for some time.
Sigthorsson’s spell at Ajax has been punctuated by long injury spells but his two goal haul against Feyenoord on Sunday, in a 2-1 win, proved his ability.
Both of Sigthorsson’s goals v Feyenoord, the first a penalty, can be seen on the video below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...