Arsenal considering move for Ajax striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson [Corriere dello Sport]
- August 19, 2013
Reports in Italy (Corriere dello Sport) and subsequently in Holland (Voetbal Zone) on Monday suggest the late Arsenal trolly dash at the end of the summer transfer window could include a move for Ajax striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson.
The 3-1 defeat to Aston Villa on Saturday has caused Arsenal to move for a host of players today, if you believe the reports, including Swansea pair Michu and Ashley Williams and Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye.
Kolbeinn Sigthorsson fits the bill for Arsenal as a young (23) physically imposing striker that could back up Olivier Giroud and adapt well to the Premier League.
But, whether Ajax would sell to Arsenal so late in the window is questionable, according to Corriere dello Sport, who suggest Arsene Wenger has been tracking the Iceland front man for some time.
Sigthorsson’s spell at Ajax has been punctuated by long injury spells but his two goal haul against Feyenoord on Sunday, in a 2-1 win, proved his ability.
Both of Sigthorsson’s goals v Feyenoord, the first a penalty, can be seen on the video below.
- Ajax teenager Vaclav Cerny scored a brilliant 40-yard lob at training [Video]
- Manchester United could tie up signing of Jasper Cillessen from Ajax this week [Telegraph]
- Ajax release official video of Barcelona’s Luis Suarez pre Champions League final...
- AC Milan sent a classy fax to Ajax after the Champions League final on this day 20 year...
- Man United want to buy Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen for €25m [De Telegraaf]
- Ajax youngsters all celebrate their goals with the Cristiano Ronaldo celebration [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi