Arsenal closing in on £20m deal to bring Mario Balotelli to London [Mail on Sunday]
- June 8, 2014
It is well know that Italy striker Mario Balotelli is firmly in the shop window.
AC Milan failed to qualify for European football next season and the Rossoneri are keen to shift Super Mario from their wage bill.
Meanwhile, Arsenal are on the look out for a striker to supplement the likes of Olivier Giroud and Yaya Sanogo up front.
The Gunners have been heavily linked with Balotelli ever since they agreed a kit deal with Puma, who also sponsor Super Mario.
In today’s Mail on Sunday, Rob Shepherd seems quite convinced that a deal for Balotelli is pretty close for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.
Shepherd writes: “Mario Balotelli is Arsenal’s first choice to be their big striker signing this summer… This has now been confirmed by sources close to Arsenal.”
The Mail on Sunday scribe, who was one of the first journalists to predict Juan Mata would join Manchester United in January, added: “Balotelli prefers the idea of a move to London. Ahead of England’s opening World Cup game against Italy it can be revealed that middle men are trying to piece a deal together to see Arsenal secure the services of Balotelli in a £20million deal.”
Balotelli would no doubt feel that he has unfinished business in the Premier League, having left Manchester City under somewhat of a cloud.
The Italian striker is still just 23 and may well be ripe to come good under experienced Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.
Arsenal have been heavily linked with Loic Remy already in this transfer window and the Frenchman and Italian could significantly boost the attacking options at the Emirates.
- AC Milan complete signing of Shakhtar Donetsk striker Luiz Adriano for €8million [video]
- Done Deal: AC Milan confirm signing Carlos Bacca from Sevilla [Tweet]
- AC Milan pay AS Roma €20m for Andrea Bertolacci, despite him never playing for the Gial...
- Liverpool miss out on Carlos Bacca; AC Milan secure Sevilla striker [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- New AC Milan boss Sinisa Mihajlovic explains why he’s the best man for the job [V...
- Arsenal target Geoffrey Kondogbia set for move to AC Milan after fee agreed [Sky Italia]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi