Arsenal close to signing Julio Cesar from QPR for around £2m [Daily Mail]
- June 29, 2013
Arsenal may finally have a keeper to compete with Wojciech Szczesny next season.
Arsene Wenger is keen to bring in an experiend keeper of Cesar’s ilk, and according to the Daily Mail has sent scouts to Brazil to watch Cesar at close proximity.
Having considered brining in a genuine number 1 such as Pepe Reina, it looks as though Wenger has decided a more experienced keeper, who won’t necessarily instantly become the number 1, is more reasonable, with QPR only looking for around £2 million for the Brazil number 1.
The one stumbling block is Cesar’s wages which jar with Arsenal’s notorious stringent policy, with the keeper earning around £70,000 a week at QPR.
Cesar is having a great Confederations Cup, and showed an interesting side to his character in the semi-final.
As Diego Forlan prepared to take the penalty, Cesar has told Lance Net how he psyched the Uruguay striker out, telling him he ‘I know you’re going to shoot straight down the middle’.
Julio Cesar’s brilliant penalty save from Diego Forlan in Wednesday’s Confeferations Cup semi-final can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi