Arsenal close to signing Julio Cesar from QPR for around £2m [Daily Mail]
- June 29, 2013
Arsenal may finally have a keeper to compete with Wojciech Szczesny next season.
Arsene Wenger is keen to bring in an experiend keeper of Cesar’s ilk, and according to the Daily Mail has sent scouts to Brazil to watch Cesar at close proximity.
Having considered brining in a genuine number 1 such as Pepe Reina, it looks as though Wenger has decided a more experienced keeper, who won’t necessarily instantly become the number 1, is more reasonable, with QPR only looking for around £2 million for the Brazil number 1.
The one stumbling block is Cesar’s wages which jar with Arsenal’s notorious stringent policy, with the keeper earning around £70,000 a week at QPR.
Cesar is having a great Confederations Cup, and showed an interesting side to his character in the semi-final.
As Diego Forlan prepared to take the penalty, Cesar has told Lance Net how he psyched the Uruguay striker out, telling him he ‘I know you’re going to shoot straight down the middle’.
Julio Cesar’s brilliant penalty save from Diego Forlan in Wednesday’s Confeferations Cup semi-final can be seen below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...