- Best Photoshops! Spurs fans are getting VERY excited about Harry Kane!
- Robbie Rogers tells BBC 5 Live that “I want to be openly gay at Qatar 2022″ [Video]
- Jeff Stelling breaks microphone celebrating Hartlepool goal on Soccer Saturday!
- Man United’s Radamel Falcao tore up the turf after his knee slide v Aston Villa [Pictures]
- Maybe Louis van Gaal should start Radamel Falcao more often! [Graphic]
Arsenal close to signing Julio Cesar from QPR for around £2m [Daily Mail]
Arsenal may finally have a keeper to compete with Wojciech Szczesny next season.
Arsene Wenger is keen to bring in an experiend keeper of Cesar’s ilk, and according to the Daily Mail has sent scouts to Brazil to watch Cesar at close proximity.
Having considered brining in a genuine number 1 such as Pepe Reina, it looks as though Wenger has decided a more experienced keeper, who won’t necessarily instantly become the number 1, is more reasonable, with QPR only looking for around £2 million for the Brazil number 1.
The one stumbling block is Cesar’s wages which jar with Arsenal’s notorious stringent policy, with the keeper earning around £70,000 a week at QPR.
Cesar is having a great Confederations Cup, and showed an interesting side to his character in the semi-final.
As Diego Forlan prepared to take the penalty, Cesar has told Lance Net how he psyched the Uruguay striker out, telling him he ‘I know you’re going to shoot straight down the middle’.
Julio Cesar’s brilliant penalty save from Diego Forlan in Wednesday’s Confeferations Cup semi-final can be seen below.
- Updated: June 29, 2013