Arsenal close in on Gonzalo Higuain, Real Madrid holding out for €30m [Marca]
- June 30, 2013
Arsenal’s move for Gonzalo Higuain appears to be inching closer after weeks of speculation, according to Madrid sports daily Marca.
Higuain has agreed personal terms with Arsenal, now all that has to be agreed is a fee with Real Madrid.
Marca suggest Higuain is optimistic a deal can be pushed through after the Argentine striker discussed terms with Arsenal representatives.
With Juventus now thought to be out of the running, having brought in Carlos Tevez, it is up to the Gunners to offer a fee which Real Madrid will accept.
Los Blancos are understood to be holding out for 30 million euros for the former River Plate striker.
Jorge and Nicolas Higuain, the father and brother of Gonzalo, hope Real Madrid will allow the forward to leave without too much fuss after seven years service to the Spanish giants.
Marca add that new Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti will not stand in the way of Higuain’s departure but the club want 30 million euros to fuel their bids for either Edinson Cavani or Luis Suarez.
Real Madrid may though simply play Karim Benzema as their main “number 9″ next season, with highly-rated Spanish Under-20 star Jese Rodriguez as back-up.
For Arsenal, it appears that Arsene Wenger’s move for Higuain is finally set to happen, perhaps sometime this week.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...