Arsenal & Chelsea target Sami Khedira pulls a u-turn deciding to stay at Real Madrid, set to renew [El Confidencial]
- July 17, 2014
El Confidencial have some significant news on Thursday morning regarding the future of Sami Khedira.
After days of reports linking the German World Cup winner to the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, the narrative has now drastically changed in El Confidencial where they report Khedira now wishes to stay at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Remember, much of the momentum behind the news that Khedira was up for sale come from the reported belief that the midfielder felt unloved at Madrid. Further, it was roundly reported that Khedira has rejected a new deal put on the table by Los Blancos.
Now, however, that momentum has shifted.
The latest report states Khedira has pulled a u-turn, and he “intends to issue a statement in which he says he wants to stay in Madrid”. El Confidencial continue to report that the statement will confirm Khedira ha no agreement with any other team – insert the Gunners and Blues – that he regrets rejecting the contract extension, and now he intends to sign it.
The article finishes off on an ominous note reflecting a perceived shift in power, with the message that the only remaining issue is whether Khedira’s “repentance” is too late from the club’s point of view.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...