- AC Milan’s Jeremy Menez flicked Daniele De Rossi’s balls during 0-0 draw with Roma [GIF]
- Arsenal have bid €40m for Palermo’s Paulo Dybala, Borussia Dortmund are offering €48m [Clarin]
- Nemanja Vidic set to leave Inter Milan on loan for Juventus, not Man United [La Stampa]
- Cristiano Ronaldo has set a new trophy record during his Man United & Real Madrid career [Graphic]
- Fan Cam: Radamel Falcao’s header v Aston Villa, Man United fans go wild
Arsenal & Chelsea target Sami Khedira pulls a u-turn deciding to stay at Real Madrid, set to renew [El Confidencial]
El Confidencial have some significant news on Thursday morning regarding the future of Sami Khedira.
After days of reports linking the German World Cup winner to the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, the narrative has now drastically changed in El Confidencial where they report Khedira now wishes to stay at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Remember, much of the momentum behind the news that Khedira was up for sale come from the reported belief that the midfielder felt unloved at Madrid. Further, it was roundly reported that Khedira has rejected a new deal put on the table by Los Blancos.
Now, however, that momentum has shifted.
The latest report states Khedira has pulled a u-turn, and he “intends to issue a statement in which he says he wants to stay in Madrid”. El Confidencial continue to report that the statement will confirm Khedira ha no agreement with any other team – insert the Gunners and Blues – that he regrets rejecting the contract extension, and now he intends to sign it.
The article finishes off on an ominous note reflecting a perceived shift in power, with the message that the only remaining issue is whether Khedira’s “repentance” is too late from the club’s point of view.
- Updated: July 17, 2014