- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Arsenal & Chelsea target Sami Khedira being forced out of Real Madrid [Marca]
One of the main stories on the Marca website on Thursday morning is the current treatment of German midfielder Sami Khedira.
Carlo Ancelotti left Khedira completely out of the Real Madrid squad on Tuesday in Cardiff due to ongoing contract issues.
Khedira has been heavily linked with Arsenal this summer, with Arsene Wenger keen to bring in a defensive midfielder.
It is thought Khedira asked for higher wages than Arsenal are willing to pay and the Gunners have turned their attentions to the likes of William Carvalho and Luiz Gustavo.
Whilst there have also been suggestions that Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho informed the World Cup winning midfielder to run down his contract until the end of the season and head to Stamford Bridge on a free transfer.
It is somewhat of a surprise that Khedira was not part of the Real Madrid squad for the Super Cup as Angel Di Maria did appear on the bench, despite the fact the Argentine is unhappy at the Bernabeu and reportedly wants to leave.
Marca suggest that Khedira’s representatives did not respond to a Real Madrid offer of better personal terms until after the World Cup where he subsequently asked for high wages.
Real Madrid are now waiting for offers to come in for Khedira and the Marca article points out that the German “should consider lowering his financial claims.”
Is Arsene Wenger waiting until the end of the transfer window to make another move on Khedira?
Or, should the German wait for Chelsea in a years time but risk sitting in the stands for a whole season?
- Updated: August 14, 2014