Arsenal & Chelsea fight for sign Wayne Rooney from Man United [Star & Mirror]
- June 22, 2013
The red top are back on top form on Saturday in England as the Star and the Mirror both splash Wayne Rooney’s face on their backpages.
The gossip is straightforward: both Arsenal and Chelsea want to sign the Manchester United striker this summer.
According to David Maddock in the Mirror:
Wayne Rooney will meet David Moyes to decide his Manchester United future next week, with both Chelsea and Arsenal ready to offer him a way out… Rooney and his representatives cannot speak with other clubs unless United announce he is available for transfer, but Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger would love to have him aboard.
David Woods in the Star has a slightly different angle, with the hack claiming to know what Wayne Rooney is thinking.
Wayne Rooney wants to join Chelsea if he quits Manchester United this summer. Starsport can reveal representatives of the United ace have told Jose Mourinho Rooney would love to work with him. Arsenal are also looking at putting a package together to land the England striker, who would command wages of around £250,000 a week.
Noticeably, the rumours linking Rooney with a move away from Old Trafford comes just 48 hours after Arsenals’ second biggest shareholder Alisher Usmanov told CNBC about his wish for the Gunners sign the Manchester United striker this summer.
Copies of the back pages of the Star and the Mirror on Saturday can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi