- Dortmund attacker Marco Reus scores before sustaining ankle injury against Paderborn [Video]
- TalkSPORT dedicate video to the many faces of Arsene Wenger
- Jamie Carragher asked if Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard should be dropped, dodges the question [Video]
- Gary Neville asks Howard Webb ‘What makes a headbutt’ re Wilshere’s ‘nut’ on Fellaini [Video]
- Neymar pays tribute to Barça teammate: ‘There are no words for Messi, he’s my idol’ [Video]
Arsenal can land Benzema for just £20m in January as Real Madrid target Liverpool’s Suarez [Evening Standard]
The Evening Standard newspaper on Monday afternoon are reporting that Arsenal could be set to land Karim Benzema in the next transfer window.
The Standard have published an article from Spanish speaking journalist Martin del Palacio. under the headline “Arsenal tempted by cut price Karim Benzema as Real Madrid eye move for Luis Suarez.”
According to del Palacio, Arsenal have “been made aware that Real Madrid are prepared to sell [Benzema] for £20m… [as] Carlo Ancelotti has lost patience with the 25 year-old who has scored just two goals in eight games for his club.”
The article goes on to report that while “indications grow that Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is still adamant on quitting the club, Perez will look to offload Benzema to partially fund a move for the Uruguayan. Real Madrid have also identified Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero as a possible target.”
Benzema has been repeatedly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent years as the Frenchman’s career had declined
Last Friday the Los Blancos forward finally ended a run of 1,222 minutes of international football without hearing the net bulge as he scored Les Bleus 6th against Australia.
- Updated: October 14, 2013