- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger weighing up move for Benfica’s Nicolas Gaitan [A Bola]
Expect to see this rumour regurgitated in the English press over the coming days…
Portuguese paper A Bola have claimed on Sunday afternoon that Arsenal are interested in Benfica’s Ncolas Gaitan.
The 25-year-old Argentine was impressive for Benfica in what was a fine season until they came unstuck in three competitions within the final few weeks of the campaign.
According to A Bola, Gaitan has attracted the interest of a number of major European clubs, including Arsene Wenger’s eye at Arsenal.
A Bola suggest Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is currently deciding whether to make a bid for Gaitan.
The former Boca Juniors playmaker, who can play all across the front line, is contracted to Benfica until 2016.
If Arsenal want Gaitan, they may have to stump up his release clause of 45 million euros.
- Updated: June 9, 2013