Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants to bring Newcastle keeper Tim Krul to the Emirates [Ad.nl]
Reports in Holland this Thursday morning claim Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is keen to sign Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul this summer.
Wenger, according to Dutch website Ad.nl, sees Krul as a goalkeeper he can trust for many years and challenge the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City.
Krul’s current contract at Newcastle runs out in 2017 so Arsenal would have to pay a hefty fee for the Dutch custodian.
The Newcastle number one suffered a season of injury problems last time out but was hugely impressive in 2011/2012.
Arsenal’s interest in Krul, has prompted Newcastle to move for PSV goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet who was part of the Holland squad at the recent Under-21 European Championships.
Widespread reports in Holland today, suggest Newcastle have made an offer for Zoet and also been in touch with the player and his representatives.
If Arsene Wenger was to sign Tim Krul this summer it would provide plenty of question marks over the future of Wojciech Szczęsny at Arsenal.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea want to sign Alexis Sanchez for dream partnership with Diego Costa [Mirror]December 7, 2016
- Ray Wilkins is surely taking the pi*s with views on what Arsenal should do with Mesut OzilDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla posts to Instagram after successful foot surgeryDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal fans create hilarious banners for Atom & Humber at the Emirates StadiumDecember 7, 2016
- Crystal Palace’s Yohan Cabaye online gaming proves he’s still a Newcastle fan (Video)December 4, 2016
- Actor Steve Martin tweets after being mistaken for referee by angry Newcastle fansDecember 3, 2016
- Nottingham Forest v Newcastle: Watch a live stream of The Championship matchDecember 1, 2016
- Hull v Newcastle: Watch a Live Stream of the EFL Cup quarter-finalNovember 29, 2016