Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants to bring Newcastle keeper Tim Krul to the Emirates [Ad.nl]
- July 11, 2013
Reports in Holland this Thursday morning claim Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is keen to sign Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul this summer.
Wenger, according to Dutch website Ad.nl, sees Krul as a goalkeeper he can trust for many years and challenge the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City.
Krul’s current contract at Newcastle runs out in 2017 so Arsenal would have to pay a hefty fee for the Dutch custodian.
The Newcastle number one suffered a season of injury problems last time out but was hugely impressive in 2011/2012.
Arsenal’s interest in Krul, has prompted Newcastle to move for PSV goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet who was part of the Holland squad at the recent Under-21 European Championships.
Widespread reports in Holland today, suggest Newcastle have made an offer for Zoet and also been in touch with the player and his representatives.
If Arsene Wenger was to sign Tim Krul this summer it would provide plenty of question marks over the future of Wojciech Szczęsny at Arsenal.
Wolfsburg’s Naldo & Vieirinha soak their boss with beer during his press conference
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]