Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants to bring Newcastle keeper Tim Krul to the Emirates [Ad.nl]
Reports in Holland this Thursday morning claim Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is keen to sign Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul this summer.
Wenger, according to Dutch website Ad.nl, sees Krul as a goalkeeper he can trust for many years and challenge the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City.
Krul’s current contract at Newcastle runs out in 2017 so Arsenal would have to pay a hefty fee for the Dutch custodian.
The Newcastle number one suffered a season of injury problems last time out but was hugely impressive in 2011/2012.
Arsenal’s interest in Krul, has prompted Newcastle to move for PSV goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet who was part of the Holland squad at the recent Under-21 European Championships.
Widespread reports in Holland today, suggest Newcastle have made an offer for Zoet and also been in touch with the player and his representatives.
If Arsene Wenger was to sign Tim Krul this summer it would provide plenty of question marks over the future of Wojciech Szczęsny at Arsenal.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes horrendous howler in 3-0 Roma UCL defeat (Video)August 23, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho spurns Arsenal interest in Phil Jones [Telegraph]August 23, 2016
- Arsene Wenger spent summer trying to sign Antoine Griezmann, move scuppered by Chelsea [Squawka]August 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey gets a new haircut. Photoshoppers make fun [Memes]August 23, 2016
- Newcastle are selling Daryl Janmaat to Vicarage Road, taking DeAndre Yedlin from SpursAugust 23, 2016
- Spurs fringe players Ryan Mason and DeAndre Yedlin close to permanent exitsAugust 23, 2016
- Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko agrees terms with Inter Milan [France Football]August 21, 2016
- Bristol City 0 – Newcastle 1: Mohamed Diame tees up Dwight Gayle for the winner (Official Video)August 20, 2016