Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants to bring Newcastle keeper Tim Krul to the Emirates [Ad.nl]
Reports in Holland this Thursday morning claim Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is keen to sign Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul this summer.
Wenger, according to Dutch website Ad.nl, sees Krul as a goalkeeper he can trust for many years and challenge the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City.
Krul’s current contract at Newcastle runs out in 2017 so Arsenal would have to pay a hefty fee for the Dutch custodian.
The Newcastle number one suffered a season of injury problems last time out but was hugely impressive in 2011/2012.
Arsenal’s interest in Krul, has prompted Newcastle to move for PSV goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet who was part of the Holland squad at the recent Under-21 European Championships.
Widespread reports in Holland today, suggest Newcastle have made an offer for Zoet and also been in touch with the player and his representatives.
If Arsene Wenger was to sign Tim Krul this summer it would provide plenty of question marks over the future of Wojciech Szczęsny at Arsenal.
- Danny Welbeck took over Arsenal’s Snapchat & spoke to tons of players (Video)
- Rio Ferdinand calls Mesut Ozil an artist after Arsenal win over Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Ex-Newcastle defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa gets a historic low player rating from L’Equipe (Vi...
- Jamie Vardy gives Leicester a big boost before the Newcastle game
- Kieron Dyer makes a joke at Newcastle United’s expense on I’m a Celebrity (Video)
- Hatem Ben Arfa waxes lyrical about ‘hell’ of being a ‘prisoner’ at Newcas...