Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants to bring Newcastle keeper Tim Krul to the Emirates [Ad.nl]
Reports in Holland this Thursday morning claim Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is keen to sign Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul this summer.
Wenger, according to Dutch website Ad.nl, sees Krul as a goalkeeper he can trust for many years and challenge the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City.
Krul’s current contract at Newcastle runs out in 2017 so Arsenal would have to pay a hefty fee for the Dutch custodian.
The Newcastle number one suffered a season of injury problems last time out but was hugely impressive in 2011/2012.
Arsenal’s interest in Krul, has prompted Newcastle to move for PSV goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet who was part of the Holland squad at the recent Under-21 European Championships.
Widespread reports in Holland today, suggest Newcastle have made an offer for Zoet and also been in touch with the player and his representatives.
If Arsene Wenger was to sign Tim Krul this summer it would provide plenty of question marks over the future of Wojciech Szczęsny at Arsenal.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex Arsenal man Andrey Arshavin assists unreal backheel golazo from outside the box (Video)May 30th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin reveals he could be in Spain Euros squad after Carvajal’s i...May 29th, 2016
- Pots revealed for next season’s CL group stage draw ft. Arsenal & Spurs in lower potsMay 29th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante happy at Leicester ‘for now’, Arsenal continue to be linked [LR...May 28th, 2016
- Leaked: All 3 Newcastle kits for 2016/2017 including Boca Juniors style awayMay 26th, 2016
- Class: Rafa Benitez first act after re-signing was visiting Newcastle’s disabled supporters...May 25th, 2016
- Rafa Benitez agrees to stay on at Newcastle United [BBC]May 25th, 2016
- Leaked: Newcastle United’s new home kit for 2016-17 in the ChampionshipMay 23rd, 2016