Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says any talk of the Gunners winning the title is “ridiculous” [Video]
Arsenal fans are giddy at the moment with their club on top of the Premier League table, however manager Arsene Wenger has tried to temper all the hype in his press conference before the Champions League match against Napoli.
Wenger told reporters:
I think our job is to have a good balance between ambition and humility. Ambition because of course we want to win, but humility as well. We know we have only played six games and to speak today about the title today is absolutely ridiculous.
But what we have done, and what we want to do, is just continue to have the same ambition. The team has a good humility level and is conscience that we want to improve.
People forgot we were on a very long run, since March we had not lost a game and if you put that in perspective, the Villa game was just one single game we have lost in 21 now.
The ‘crisis’ was a combination of factors; we had not bought anyone, have not won the championship for a long time and the fact we lost the game, all this together made the situation explosive, but it was an accident and we have responded.
Watch Arsene Wenger and Bacary Sagna’s full 17 minute press conference before Arsenal v Napoli below.
Watch Live Stream
- N’Golo Kante happy at Leicester ‘for now’, Arsenal continue to be linked [LR...May 28th, 2016
- Arsenal or Man United? Gabon coach confirms Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang exitMay 28th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin offers revealing comments when asked about Barcelona interest [Cope]May 27th, 2016
- Arsenal officially reveal new shirt numbers for Granit Xhaka & Aaron Ramsey (Videos)May 27th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Szczesny implicitly belittles Wenger’s coaching by heaping praise on SpalettiMay 22nd, 2016
- Arsenal boss laments departure of ‘Spiritual Leaders’ Arteta & Rosicky (Video)May 15th, 2016
- Arsene Wenger confirms three Arsenal Stalwarts will leave this summer (Video)May 13th, 2016
- Arsene Wenger denies rumours that he has been offered new 2-year contract extension (Video)May 13th, 2016