Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says any talk of the Gunners winning the title is “ridiculous” [Video]
- September 30, 2013
Arsenal fans are giddy at the moment with their club on top of the Premier League table, however manager Arsene Wenger has tried to temper all the hype in his press conference before the Champions League match against Napoli.
Wenger told reporters:
I think our job is to have a good balance between ambition and humility. Ambition because of course we want to win, but humility as well. We know we have only played six games and to speak today about the title today is absolutely ridiculous.
But what we have done, and what we want to do, is just continue to have the same ambition. The team has a good humility level and is conscience that we want to improve.
People forgot we were on a very long run, since March we had not lost a game and if you put that in perspective, the Villa game was just one single game we have lost in 21 now.
The ‘crisis’ was a combination of factors; we had not bought anyone, have not won the championship for a long time and the fact we lost the game, all this together made the situation explosive, but it was an accident and we have responded.
Watch Arsene Wenger and Bacary Sagna’s full 17 minute press conference before Arsenal v Napoli below.
- Arsene Wenger wonders if he talks too much (Video)
- Miami Heat star Luol Deng hopes Arsenal sign Karim Benzema (Video)
- Gary Neville says Arsenal don’t have enough strength, power or pace to win title ...
- Arsenal magician Santi Cazorla packs his Ultimate XI with Spain stars (Video)
- Arsene Wenger confident of making last minute deals (Video)
- Arsene Wenger calls for video technology to solve tight offside calls (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...