- What. A. Hit! Nicolás Colazo (Boca Juniors) v Vélez Sarsfield
- Southampton legend Matt Le Tissier in video interview with The Guardian
- Some examples of Diego Costa’s history for violence in one well-made infographic [Picture]
- Quality fan footage vine of Christian Eriksen’s free-kick v Sheffield United
- Chelsea appear to have a clear advantage with the fixture list in the build-up to the Capital One Cup final
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger hints that Man City ‘tapped up’ Bacary Sagna [Sun]
Bacary Sagna’s Arsene move from Arsenal to Manchester City was a pretty acrimonious one, in keeping with recent tradition (Nasri, Adebayor, Clichy), with Gooners accusing the French defender of being a mercenary.
And now a fresh element has been added to the mix, with Arsenal boss Wenger hinting that City may have tapped up Sagna.
The back page of tomorrow’s Sun leads with ‘Wenger in Tap Attack on City’, explaining that Wenger has intimated that contact was made by City before they had been granted permission.
Wenger apparently feels that Sagna’s 120k per week contract was agreed before he’d officially told Arsenal he was leaving.
Yet another stain on the souring relations between the two clubs.
- Updated: August 7, 2014