Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger hints that Man City ‘tapped up’ Bacary Sagna [Sun]
Bacary Sagna’s Arsene move from Arsenal to Manchester City was a pretty acrimonious one, in keeping with recent tradition (Nasri, Adebayor, Clichy), with Gooners accusing the French defender of being a mercenary.
And now a fresh element has been added to the mix, with Arsenal boss Wenger hinting that City may have tapped up Sagna.
The back page of tomorrow’s Sun leads with ‘Wenger in Tap Attack on City’, explaining that Wenger has intimated that contact was made by City before they had been granted permission.
Wenger apparently feels that Sagna’s 120k per week contract was agreed before he’d officially told Arsenal he was leaving.
Yet another stain on the souring relations between the two clubs.
Watch Live Stream
- The Arsenal Madness? Victor Anichebe is going to the Emirates, cue jokes [Tweets]August 31, 2016
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry to give his full Belgium salary to charityAugust 31, 2016
- Jack Wilshere turns down Italian giants to spend the season on loan at Bournemouth [Tweets]August 31, 2016
- Arsenal fans will love this World Cup video of Mustafi and Mertesacker dancingAugust 31, 2016
- The 10 most Tweeted about transfers in the summer window ft. Man United & ArsenalAugust 31, 2016
- Arsenal’s Wenger spends deadline day in Switzerland, Tottenham’s Pochettino is in SpainAugust 31, 2016
- Arsenal boss confirms Lucas Perez and Shkodran Mustafi have been signed (Video)August 27, 2016
- Arsene Wenger insists he is a big spender….in real life (Video)August 26, 2016
- Torino’s Joe Hart pens emotional letter to Manchester City fans on FacebookAugust 31, 2016
- Ex-Bayern defender Dante: Guardiola is a great coach but less brilliant as a human being [Quotes]August 31, 2016
- AS Monaco reject €40 million Manchester City offer for 17-year-old Kylian Mbappe [L’Equipe]August 31, 2016
- Watch Joe Hart’s first Torino interview after joining from Man City (Video)August 31, 2016