Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger hints that Man City ‘tapped up’ Bacary Sagna [Sun]
Bacary Sagna’s Arsene move from Arsenal to Manchester City was a pretty acrimonious one, in keeping with recent tradition (Nasri, Adebayor, Clichy), with Gooners accusing the French defender of being a mercenary.
And now a fresh element has been added to the mix, with Arsenal boss Wenger hinting that City may have tapped up Sagna.
The back page of tomorrow’s Sun leads with ‘Wenger in Tap Attack on City’, explaining that Wenger has intimated that contact was made by City before they had been granted permission.
Wenger apparently feels that Sagna’s 120k per week contract was agreed before he’d officially told Arsenal he was leaving.
Yet another stain on the souring relations between the two clubs.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores again, for Chile in 2-0 win over Brazil (official...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva wears a GoPro on his head, records Bolton training (Video)
- Arsene Wenger criticizes Liverpool for ‘irrational’ sacking of Brendan Rodgers
- Arsene Wenger stated Arsenal’s title ambitions after beating Man United (Video)
- Arsene Wenger sad to see ‘quality’ Brendan Rodgers sacked by Liverpool (Video)
- Arsene Wenger: We surprised Manchester United with our pace (Video)