- Cristiano Ronaldo singled out Man United’s Chicharito for praise v Malaga [Video]
- PSV’s Marcel Brands says big teams are circling Memphis Depay. Man United & Spurs name-checked [VI]
- Chelsea’s stars & their wives attended Didier Drogba’s Charity Ball after the Man United game [Pictures]
- Former Liverpool keeper Diego Cavalieri horribly missed a penalty for Fluminense [Videos]
- Arsenal fans slam Wojciech Szczesny after the FA Cup win v Reading [Videos]
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger hints that Man City ‘tapped up’ Bacary Sagna [Sun]
- August 7, 2014
Bacary Sagna’s Arsene move from Arsenal to Manchester City was a pretty acrimonious one, in keeping with recent tradition (Nasri, Adebayor, Clichy), with Gooners accusing the French defender of being a mercenary.
And now a fresh element has been added to the mix, with Arsenal boss Wenger hinting that City may have tapped up Sagna.
The back page of tomorrow’s Sun leads with ‘Wenger in Tap Attack on City’, explaining that Wenger has intimated that contact was made by City before they had been granted permission.
Wenger apparently feels that Sagna’s 120k per week contract was agreed before he’d officially told Arsenal he was leaving.
Yet another stain on the souring relations between the two clubs.