Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger dismisses suggestions that Olivier Giroud has gained weight [Video]
Olivier Giroud was a big disappointment for Arsenal today (just ask Claude), contrasting with Yaya Sanogo and Joel Campbell’s energetic displays yesterday.
Manager Arsene Wenger admitted as much in his post-match press conference, saying he hauled him off once he realized just how far off full fitness he is.
But Wenger dismissed the jokes going around that the French striker has returned to pre-season overweight, putting his poor display merely down to a lack of sharpness, because he had just 3 weeks rest after the World Cup.
He may not have put weight on, but he certainly looked slower than usual, and that’s saying something.
The discussion on Giroud’s weight and performance can be seen midway through the clip below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Theo Walcott sounds like Conor McGregor, reveals secret to his resurgence (Video)September 27, 2016
- Santi Cazorla picks his all-time Arsenal XI, includes 1 player from current side (video)September 27, 2016
- Good news for Arsenal as Arsene Wenger confirms Francis Coquelin’s comeback timetableSeptember 27, 2016
- Taulant Xhaka: Granit needs more playing time at Arsenal [Blick]September 27, 2016
- Arsenal receive a worrying Francis Coquelin updateSeptember 25, 2016
- Ex Arsenal man scores Bergkamp esque goal in Eredivisie matchSeptember 25, 2016
- Arsene Wenger Trolls Chelsea & Cesc Fabregas with amusing song (442oons video)September 25, 2016
- Arsene Wenger shares a joke about Jose Mourinho in his presser (Video)September 25, 2016
- How PSG’s Marquinhos got Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud sent offSeptember 14, 2016
- Olivier Giroud benched with Alexis Sanchez to start up front for Arsenal v PSG [RMC Sport]September 13, 2016
- Olivier Giroud puts PSG above Arsenal, talks about Zlatan Ibrahimovic [Telefoot]September 11, 2016
- French player ratings: Man United & Spurs stars score low as well as Olivier Giroud [L’Equipe]September 7, 2016