- Better than Beckham-Scholes! Víctor Curto Ortiz wondervolley (AS Eupen) v Racing Mechelen [Video]
- Chelsea man Didier Drogba hails his “inspiration” Thierry Henry after winning FWA award [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo doing keepy-uppies in Madrid dressed as a homeless guy [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers defends Mario Balotelli & says his Liverpool career isn’t over [Video]
- PSG star Zlatan Ibrahimovic trolls St. Etienne player during 1-0 win [GIF]
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger dismisses suggestions that Olivier Giroud has gained weight [Video]
Olivier Giroud was a big disappointment for Arsenal today (just ask Claude), contrasting with Yaya Sanogo and Joel Campbell’s energetic displays yesterday.
Manager Arsene Wenger admitted as much in his post-match press conference, saying he hauled him off once he realized just how far off full fitness he is.
But Wenger dismissed the jokes going around that the French striker has returned to pre-season overweight, putting his poor display merely down to a lack of sharpness, because he had just 3 weeks rest after the World Cup.
He may not have put weight on, but he certainly looked slower than usual, and that’s saying something.
The discussion on Giroud’s weight and performance can be seen midway through the clip below.
- Updated: August 3, 2014