- Stats comparison: Liverpool starlet Raheem Sterling & Arsenal man Alexis Sanchez [Graphic]
- Barcelona stars wish their fans a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! [Video]
- Superb tribute video to Thierry Henry for his time with New York Red Bulls [KICK TV]
- Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez endlessly jokes around in interview back home [Subtitles]
- A musical review of football in 2014 to the song “We Didn’t Start The Fire” [Video]
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger dismisses suggestions that Olivier Giroud has gained weight [Video]
Olivier Giroud was a big disappointment for Arsenal today (just ask Claude), contrasting with Yaya Sanogo and Joel Campbell’s energetic displays yesterday.
Manager Arsene Wenger admitted as much in his post-match press conference, saying he hauled him off once he realized just how far off full fitness he is.
But Wenger dismissed the jokes going around that the French striker has returned to pre-season overweight, putting his poor display merely down to a lack of sharpness, because he had just 3 weeks rest after the World Cup.
He may not have put weight on, but he certainly looked slower than usual, and that’s saying something.
The discussion on Giroud’s weight and performance can be seen midway through the clip below.
- Updated: August 3, 2014