Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger dismisses suggestions that Olivier Giroud has gained weight [Video]
- August 3, 2014
Olivier Giroud was a big disappointment for Arsenal today (just ask Claude), contrasting with Yaya Sanogo and Joel Campbell’s energetic displays yesterday.
Manager Arsene Wenger admitted as much in his post-match press conference, saying he hauled him off once he realized just how far off full fitness he is.
But Wenger dismissed the jokes going around that the French striker has returned to pre-season overweight, putting his poor display merely down to a lack of sharpness, because he had just 3 weeks rest after the World Cup.
He may not have put weight on, but he certainly looked slower than usual, and that’s saying something.
The discussion on Giroud’s weight and performance can be seen midway through the clip below.
- Arsenal fan Claude blasts “stubborn” Arsene Wenger for lack of transfer act...
- Heathrow Airport trolls Arsenal & Chelsea [Tweet]
- Arsenal fans vent as it looks certain no new signings will be made on deadline day [Twe...
- Arsene Wenger spotted in Paris, could Arsenal land Edinson Cavani? (Pictures)
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem got stamped on for Rangers on Sunday (Video)
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes spectacular 92nd minute save in 2-1 win v Juvent...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...