Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger dismisses suggestions that Olivier Giroud has gained weight [Video]
- August 3, 2014
Olivier Giroud was a big disappointment for Arsenal today (just ask Claude), contrasting with Yaya Sanogo and Joel Campbell’s energetic displays yesterday.
Manager Arsene Wenger admitted as much in his post-match press conference, saying he hauled him off once he realized just how far off full fitness he is.
But Wenger dismissed the jokes going around that the French striker has returned to pre-season overweight, putting his poor display merely down to a lack of sharpness, because he had just 3 weeks rest after the World Cup.
He may not have put weight on, but he certainly looked slower than usual, and that’s saying something.
The discussion on Giroud’s weight and performance can be seen midway through the clip below.
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi