Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits complete surprise that Crystal Palace parted with miracle-worker Tony Pulis
- August 15, 2014
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he was completely surprised by the fact that Crystal Palace parted ways with manager Tony Pulis.
It was announced that Pulis had stepped away from the club by mutual consent after he saved from relegation last season, winning plaudits for his incredible work at Selhurst Park.
Wenger, whose Arsenal side host Palace this weekend, said: “It was a complete surprise to me, and what kind of consequences will that have on Crystal Palace, I don’t know. The only thing you can say is that he has done a remarkable job last season. And he made a miracle, and I don’t know why he left but it took me by surprise.”
The Frenchman also revealed that he spoke to Pulis very recently and that he gave no sign of the departure: “I was at a manager’s meeting on Monday with Tony Pulis and nothing indicated that he would not be here tomorrow afternoon.”
You can see all of Wenger’s comment in the video above.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...