Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits complete surprise that Crystal Palace parted with miracle-worker Tony Pulis
- August 15, 2014
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he was completely surprised by the fact that Crystal Palace parted ways with manager Tony Pulis.
It was announced that Pulis had stepped away from the club by mutual consent after he saved from relegation last season, winning plaudits for his incredible work at Selhurst Park.
Wenger, whose Arsenal side host Palace this weekend, said: “It was a complete surprise to me, and what kind of consequences will that have on Crystal Palace, I don’t know. The only thing you can say is that he has done a remarkable job last season. And he made a miracle, and I don’t know why he left but it took me by surprise.”
The Frenchman also revealed that he spoke to Pulis very recently and that he gave no sign of the departure: “I was at a manager’s meeting on Monday with Tony Pulis and nothing indicated that he would not be here tomorrow afternoon.”
You can see all of Wenger’s comment in the video above.
- Here’s the lucky lad who got Jose Mourinho’s medal after Arsenal beat Chels...
- Arsenal’s Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain sets himself goals target this season (Video)
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Arsene Wenger has nostalgic banter with his former Arsenal player Ian Wright (Video)
- Arsenal boss Wenger smirks at Mourinho’s suggestion that Chelsea were the better ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi