Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits complete surprise that Crystal Palace parted with miracle-worker Tony Pulis
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he was completely surprised by the fact that Crystal Palace parted ways with manager Tony Pulis.
It was announced that Pulis had stepped away from the club by mutual consent after he saved from relegation last season, winning plaudits for his incredible work at Selhurst Park.
Wenger, whose Arsenal side host Palace this weekend, said: “It was a complete surprise to me, and what kind of consequences will that have on Crystal Palace, I don’t know. The only thing you can say is that he has done a remarkable job last season. And he made a miracle, and I don’t know why he left but it took me by surprise.”
The Frenchman also revealed that he spoke to Pulis very recently and that he gave no sign of the departure: “I was at a manager’s meeting on Monday with Tony Pulis and nothing indicated that he would not be here tomorrow afternoon.”
You can see all of Wenger’s comment in the video above.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores again, for Chile in 2-0 win over Brazil (official...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva wears a GoPro on his head, records Bolton training (Video)
- Arsene Wenger criticizes Liverpool for ‘irrational’ sacking of Brendan Rodgers
- Arsene Wenger stated Arsenal’s title ambitions after beating Man United (Video)
- Arsene Wenger sad to see ‘quality’ Brendan Rodgers sacked by Liverpool (Video)
- Arsene Wenger: We surprised Manchester United with our pace (Video)
- Watch Julian Speroni’s Crystal Palace comeback in a 3-2 defeat to Huddersfield (O...
- Crystal Palace fans sing Yohan Cabaye chant to the tune of ‘Because I Got High...
- Alan Pardew reveals how Crystal Palace bought Yohan Cabaye after the West Brom win (Video)
- Saturday Specials! Chelsea banker, boosted Palace & Leicester odds & 20/1 acca!