Arsenal bid £2m for Rubin’s Sardar Azmoun, the ‘Iranian Lionel Messi’ [Metro]
- March 27, 2014
Arsenal interested in a diamond in the rough youngster, you say? Finally, Wenger going for a different type of player.
Metro claim Arsenal have bid £2 million for Rubin Kazan’s Sardar Azmoun, dubbed the ‘Iranian Lionel Messi’.
A grandiose nickname, Azmoun has 19 goals in 17 games for Iran U20; Messiesque stats.
Metro say that it was during an international tournament last summer that the Gunners scouted him, and that when this was made known to Azmoun, the forward cooed that a move to the Emirates would be a dream.
Should Rubin accept the bid, the Messi nickname probably won’t last very long. He’s 6 foot tall for starters.
Watch Sardar Azmoun’s highlight show reel on the clip below.
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright trolled ex Spurs owner Lord Sugar at Piers Morgan’s bir...
- Arsenal & Man United linked to Karim Benzema as Cristiano Ronaldo is set to play t...
- Watch awesome fan cam footage of how Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won the Copa Americ...
- Arturo Vidal indicates Arsenal or Madrid moves are bogus wearing special shinpads in th...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi