Arsenal bid £2m for Rubin’s Sardar Azmoun, the ‘Iranian Lionel Messi’ [Metro]
- March 27, 2014
Arsenal interested in a diamond in the rough youngster, you say? Finally, Wenger going for a different type of player.
Metro claim Arsenal have bid £2 million for Rubin Kazan’s Sardar Azmoun, dubbed the ‘Iranian Lionel Messi’.
A grandiose nickname, Azmoun has 19 goals in 17 games for Iran U20; Messiesque stats.
Metro say that it was during an international tournament last summer that the Gunners scouted him, and that when this was made known to Azmoun, the forward cooed that a move to the Emirates would be a dream.
Should Rubin accept the bid, the Messi nickname probably won’t last very long. He’s 6 foot tall for starters.
Watch Sardar Azmoun’s highlight show reel on the clip below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]