- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
Arsenal bid £2m for Rubin’s Sardar Azmoun, the ‘Iranian Lionel Messi’ [Metro]
Arsenal interested in a diamond in the rough youngster, you say? Finally, Wenger going for a different type of player.
Metro claim Arsenal have bid £2 million for Rubin Kazan’s Sardar Azmoun, dubbed the ‘Iranian Lionel Messi’.
A grandiose nickname, Azmoun has 19 goals in 17 games for Iran U20; Messiesque stats.
Metro say that it was during an international tournament last summer that the Gunners scouted him, and that when this was made known to Azmoun, the forward cooed that a move to the Emirates would be a dream.
Should Rubin accept the bid, the Messi nickname probably won’t last very long. He’s 6 foot tall for starters.
Watch Sardar Azmoun’s highlight show reel on the clip below.
- Updated: March 27, 2014