Arsenal bid £18m for Bayern Munich midfielder Luiz Gustavo [Sunday Sun]
The rumours surrounding Arsenal’s move for Luiz Gustavo are certainly growing.
On Friday, Bayern Munich’s Brazilian midfielder told Bayerischer Rundfunk Radio: “I believe that the English Premier League is of top quality and Arsenal definitely stand out … I love their style of play and I have been watching them for some time now … However, like yourself I do not know what is happening on the other side at this moment.”
And on Saturday, some pretty spurious sources, including the Metro, claimed Arsenal had sealed a 14 million pound deal for the 26-year-old.
On Sunday, tomorrow’s edition of the Sun suggest Arsenal have bid 18 million pounds for Luiz Gustavo.
The Brazilian had reportedly been close to sign for Wolfsburg once it became clear that he was not wanted by new Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola.
Chelsea have also been linked with Gustavo but it feels like Arsenal are currently the front runners as Arsene Wenger finally looks set to splash some cash this summer.
Back page of the Sunday Sun is below (look on the left side for the article), followed by video evidence of Luiz Gustavo.
- Ozil celebrates Arsenal’s win v Zagreb on Instagram, Wenger hopes the German gets a taste f...
- Hector Bellerin says Arsenal will plays for their lives against Olympiakos (Video)
- Gunnerblog wonders how Arsenal lost to Dinamo Zagreb in the 1st game after tonight’s win (V...
- Outrageous: Alexis Sanchez takes ball down with his neck in Arsenal win v Dinamo Zagreb (Official...
- Injured David Alaba celebrates Bayern’s 4-0 win over Olympiakos with a song (Video)
- Douglas Costa & Arjen Robben show off some amazing skills in Bayern’s warm up v Schalk...
- BT Sport produced an outrageous Bayern Munich statistic (Video)
- Mario Gotze & girlfriend Ann Kathrin have fun on Dubsmash (Instagram Videos)