Arsenal bid £18m for Bayern Munich midfielder Luiz Gustavo [Sunday Sun]
- August 10, 2013
The rumours surrounding Arsenal’s move for Luiz Gustavo are certainly growing.
On Friday, Bayern Munich’s Brazilian midfielder told Bayerischer Rundfunk Radio: “I believe that the English Premier League is of top quality and Arsenal definitely stand out … I love their style of play and I have been watching them for some time now … However, like yourself I do not know what is happening on the other side at this moment.”
And on Saturday, some pretty spurious sources, including the Metro, claimed Arsenal had sealed a 14 million pound deal for the 26-year-old.
On Sunday, tomorrow’s edition of the Sun suggest Arsenal have bid 18 million pounds for Luiz Gustavo.
The Brazilian had reportedly been close to sign for Wolfsburg once it became clear that he was not wanted by new Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola.
Chelsea have also been linked with Gustavo but it feels like Arsenal are currently the front runners as Arsene Wenger finally looks set to splash some cash this summer.
Back page of the Sunday Sun is below (look on the left side for the article), followed by video evidence of Luiz Gustavo.
- Wilshere = Fabregas: Daily Mail compare Arsenal & Chelsea through Little Englander...
- Arsene Wenger wants to win Community Shield v Chelsea to set tone for new season (Video)
- Arsenal stopper Petr Cech speaks about how he became a goalkeeper (Video)
- Gary Neville says Jack Wilshere’s chant about Spurs was the best thing he’s...
- Petr Cech ignored Mourinho to leave Chelsea, signed for Arsenal because of Wenger [Mail]
- Jose Mourinho takes thinly veiled dig at Petr Cech’s decision to join Arsenal (Vi...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi