- Former Liverpool keeper Diego Cavalieri horribly missed a penalty for Fluminense [Videos]
- Arsenal fans slam Wojciech Szczesny after the FA Cup win v Reading [Videos]
- Oscar’s sister got a picture with Eden Hazard after Chelsea’s win v Man United [Instagram]
- Claude & Ty argue after Arsenal beat Reading to reach the FA Cup final [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Eden Hazard celebrated earning Chelsea an “important 3 points” v Man United [Official Video]
Arsenal bid £18m for Bayern Munich midfielder Luiz Gustavo [Sunday Sun]
- August 10, 2013
The rumours surrounding Arsenal’s move for Luiz Gustavo are certainly growing.
On Friday, Bayern Munich’s Brazilian midfielder told Bayerischer Rundfunk Radio: “I believe that the English Premier League is of top quality and Arsenal definitely stand out … I love their style of play and I have been watching them for some time now … However, like yourself I do not know what is happening on the other side at this moment.”
And on Saturday, some pretty spurious sources, including the Metro, claimed Arsenal had sealed a 14 million pound deal for the 26-year-old.
On Sunday, tomorrow’s edition of the Sun suggest Arsenal have bid 18 million pounds for Luiz Gustavo.
The Brazilian had reportedly been close to sign for Wolfsburg once it became clear that he was not wanted by new Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola.
Chelsea have also been linked with Gustavo but it feels like Arsenal are currently the front runners as Arsene Wenger finally looks set to splash some cash this summer.
Back page of the Sunday Sun is below (look on the left side for the article), followed by video evidence of Luiz Gustavo.