Arsenal back in for Rooney & Tottenham want Suarez to replace Bale [Star Sunday]
- August 10, 2013
Kudos to the Star Sunday for the most outlandish back page of the lot.
Even though transfers hardly ever happen on a Sunday, you can always count on the UK tabloids to make up some outlandish gossip.
The Star Sunday is a split back page tomorrow with the suggestions that Arsenal have turned their attentions to Wayne Rooney and Spurs want Luis Suarez to replace Gareth Bale.
Both these rumours (Arsenal in for Rooney and Spurs chase Suarez) have been suggested before this summer but seem rather unlikely.
Would Wayne Rooney really join Arsenal? Can the Gunners pay his wages and would they offer the personal and team challenges he is reportedly keen to sign on for at Chelsea?
Luis Suarez meanwhile has said he wants to play Champions League football. And if Liverpool won’t sell to a Champions League spot rival in Arsenal, then why would they allow the Uruguayan head to Spurs?!
- Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby signs for Marseille (BBC)
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- Santi Cazorla and Francis Coquelin take part in Arsenal fan Q&A (Video)
- The best bits of Arsenal’s Emirates Cup displays in slow motion (video)
- Arsenal fans sing Happy Birthday to Mathieu Debuchy on Members Day (Video)
- Arsene Wenger defends Arsenal’s transfer policy, admits there is a gap (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi