Arsenal are trying to sign ex-Tottenham & Man United man Dimitar Berbatov from Fulham [Sun]
- January 1, 2014
The front page of The Sun on Thursday claims that Arsene Wenger is looking to boost his striking options at the Emirates by landing former Tottenham and Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov.
The top of the red-top on January 2nd screams “DIMITARSENAL – Top of the table Gunners go for Berbatov.”
Suggestions that Arsenal could move for the Fulham striker have been bubbling about for a few days now.
With Olivier Giroud the only real out-and-out striker on the Gunners books at present, and with the Frenchman nursing a minor injury, Arsenal have long been mooted as needing another centre-forward in January if the north Londoners are to maintain their title challenge.
Adding to Wenger’s forward woes, Nicklas Bentdner suffered a knock after scoring the crucial go-ahead goal for the Gunners against Cardiff on New Year’s Day, while thoughts that Lukas POdolski could play through as a central striker were debunked in the slog against the Dragons.
With all that taken into account, Arsenal are said to be looking at Fulham’s Dimitar Berbatov . The 32-year-old Bulgarian striker has shown his class at the likes of Bayer Leverkusen, Tottenham and Manchester United, and believe is that Berbatov, currently in the thick of a relegation scrap with the Cottagers, would happily jump ship to Arsenal if the move was on the cards.
Moreover, Fulham would be willing to cash in on the Bulgarian star for around $3m as Berbatov’s contract is set to expire in six months anyway.
A copy of the front page of The Sun on Thursday can be enjoyed below.
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi