Arsenal are putting a plan together to sign Wayne Rooney from Man United [Star]
- June 26, 2013
Another splash, another transfer porky which is hugely unlikely to ever happen.
The Star have a bold headline on the backpage of their Thursday edition, claiming that Arsenal are stepping up plans to sign Wayne Rooney from Manchester United.
As is so common in the silly season, the Star’s piece comes with no quotes and even fewer concrete facts to justify the headline “Gunners dream team to net Roo.”
According to the so-called exclusive from David Woods:
Arsenal have put together a package which they hope can convince Wayne Rooney to join them from Manchester United… The Gunners are convinced that they have a realistic chance of persuading the England striker to join their revolution.
It’s understood Wenger and Arsenal would like to see a dream partnership of Real Madrid Gonzalo Higuain with Rooney playing behind him.
After several days of constant speculation linking Rooney with moves away from Old Trafford, it once again seems that resolution to Rooney’s will he/won’t he stay question at Manchester United will only come after the forward sits down with David Moyes next week.
Until that meeting comes, spurious stories will continue to be vomited up by hacks looking to sell papers.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...