Arsenal are putting a plan together to sign Wayne Rooney from Man United [Star]
- June 26, 2013
Another splash, another transfer porky which is hugely unlikely to ever happen.
The Star have a bold headline on the backpage of their Thursday edition, claiming that Arsenal are stepping up plans to sign Wayne Rooney from Manchester United.
As is so common in the silly season, the Star’s piece comes with no quotes and even fewer concrete facts to justify the headline “Gunners dream team to net Roo.”
According to the so-called exclusive from David Woods:
Arsenal have put together a package which they hope can convince Wayne Rooney to join them from Manchester United… The Gunners are convinced that they have a realistic chance of persuading the England striker to join their revolution.
It’s understood Wenger and Arsenal would like to see a dream partnership of Real Madrid Gonzalo Higuain with Rooney playing behind him.
After several days of constant speculation linking Rooney with moves away from Old Trafford, it once again seems that resolution to Rooney’s will he/won’t he stay question at Manchester United will only come after the forward sits down with David Moyes next week.
Until that meeting comes, spurious stories will continue to be vomited up by hacks looking to sell papers.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi