Arsenal are interested in Aston Villa keeper Brad Guzan [Official MLS website]
The official website of the MLS do not usually indulge in idle gossip, so their article suggesting Arsenal are keen on Aston Villa keeper Brad Guzan could well have some truth in it.
Guzan was in sensational form on the opening day of the season when Aston Villa pulled off a shock 3-1 victory at the Emirates.
And, the MLS website adds that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has sent scouts to watch Guzan in at least two matches since the opening day.
Whether Wenger is on the lookout for a replacement for Wojciech Szczesny remains questionable however, with the Pole in goal in the midst of a fine start to the 2013/2014 season.
In addition, luring Brad Guzan away from Aston Villa may not be so simple as the numerous suitors for the signature of Christian Benteke found out this summer.
Guzan, 29, has been in excellent form since becoming Aston Villa number one, establishing himself as one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League.
- The confusing story about Arsenal’s new £130,000-a-week contract offer to Alexis ...
- Thierry Henry on why he loves Arsenal v Manchester United (Video)
- Sunday Specials! Silly odds for Everton-Liverpool & Arsenal-Man United, Bayern pri...
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva scored for Bolton on Saturday (Official Video)
- Jack Grealish chooses to play for England rather than Ireland (Best Tweets)
- If DJ Tim Westwood was Aston Villa boss, there would be ‘hot after-parties’...
- Charles N’Zogbia photographed at Aston Villa training in worst outfit to date [In...
- Aston Villa beat Birmingham thanks to a trademark Rudy Gestede header (Video)