Arsenal are interested in Aston Villa keeper Brad Guzan [Official MLS website]
The official website of the MLS do not usually indulge in idle gossip, so their article suggesting Arsenal are keen on Aston Villa keeper Brad Guzan could well have some truth in it.
Guzan was in sensational form on the opening day of the season when Aston Villa pulled off a shock 3-1 victory at the Emirates.
And, the MLS website adds that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has sent scouts to watch Guzan in at least two matches since the opening day.
Whether Wenger is on the lookout for a replacement for Wojciech Szczesny remains questionable however, with the Pole in goal in the midst of a fine start to the 2013/2014 season.
In addition, luring Brad Guzan away from Aston Villa may not be so simple as the numerous suitors for the signature of Christian Benteke found out this summer.
Guzan, 29, has been in excellent form since becoming Aston Villa number one, establishing himself as one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League.
Watch Live Stream
- Carl Jenkinson dropped as Wenger admits he’s been affected by Arsenal fans’ Twitter abuseDecember 3, 2016
- Santi Cazorla reassures Arsenal fans over injury timeline (Video)December 2, 2016
- Arsenal not interested in bringing Wilshere back despite crocked Cazorla [Times]December 2, 2016
- Arsenal now ahead of Liverpool in the race for Welsh wonderkid AmpaduDecember 2, 2016
- West Brom’s social media account trolled Aston VillaNovember 22, 2016
- Brighton v Aston Villa: Watch a live stream of the Championship matchNovember 18, 2016
- Mike Dean’s quick thinking prevents Birmingham City from scoring in derby matchNovember 2, 2016
- Birmingham v Aston Villa: Watch a live stream of the Championship matchOctober 30, 2016