Arsenal are closing in on signing Real Madrid goalie Iker Casillas [SPORT]
- July 24, 2014
The front page of Spanish daily SPORT on Thursday reports that Arsenal are closing in on signing Iker Casillas.
Links between the Gunners and the Real Madrid goalie have been swirling about for some time, with Casillas now deemed surplus to requirements at the Santiago Bernabeu after the arrival of Keylor Navas.
Already locked in a battle with Diego Lopez for the #1 jersey in Madrid, the groundswell of opinion now suggests Casillas is set to leave Los Blancos after 15 years of service to the club.
According to SPORT, “Arsenal have sent him a proposal that he can hardly refuse”, based on the assumption that Casillas is now third choice for Real.
Unfortunately the article in SPORT fails to mention that Arsenal are tipped to land Nice goalie David Ospina this summer, after news broke this week that the Colombian goalie had agreed a £3m deal to move from Nice to the Emirates.
With Wojciech Szczesny also at the club, do Arsenal really need yet another keeper like Casillas?
See the full front page splash of SPORT on Thursday below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]