- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
Arsenal are 7/20 to sign Sami Khedira, Chelsea 5/2 to gazump them
The future of Germany World Cup winner Sami Khedira looks like keeping us occupied for a few days yet.
Reports from Spain over the past few days confirm that Arsenal and Real Madrid have agreed a fee, believed to be around 25-29 million euros for Sami Khedira.
On the face of it, moving for Khedira makes perfect sense for Arsenal as he would join up with German team mates Per Mertesacker, Lukas Podolski and Mesut Ozil at the Emirates.
And, if there is one part of Arsenal’s side that needs strengthening it is in midfield, where Khedira would likely replace Mikel Arteta in the starting XI.
But, whether its paper talk or agent pressure, reports today suggested Khedira has not agreed personal terms with Arsenal and Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is interested.
Mourinho is said to have close ties with the holding midfielder, having signed him for Real Madrid in 2010 from Stuttgart.
Whether Chelsea need another midfielder should be considered… but 5/2 are pretty good odds were the Blues to pull off a similar heist to the one they did with Willian last summer, with the Brazilian close to joining Spurs.
- Updated: July 16, 2014