- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Arsenal and Liverpool fans vent that Man City get every offside call at the Etihad!
- December 27, 2013
Are Manchester City the new Manchester United?
They are certainly getting quite a few calls from the officials going their way.
After a string of offside decisions in the match against Arsenal, there was a shocking decision by the linesman to call Raheem Sterling offside.
Raheem Sterling was deemed to be offside after he latched onto a great through ball by Luis Suarez.
It was a shocking decision from the linesman that drew heavy criticism from Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers. Especially with the game poised at 0-0, this could have changed the course of the game, which Manchester City went on to win 2-1.
Rodgers said on the Sterling decision: “”I thought the linesman on the offside, he wasn’t even on the same cut of grass and if you’re working on this level you have to get it right.
“It’s not even a difficult one and these are the things we work on and talk about. We’re asking the lad to get across and break their line, it’s a perfectly timed run and he’s given offside when he’s through one-on-one.
It is a perfectly timed run when he was through on goal, the kind of move we have worked hard on. You can’t get a decision like that wrong at this level. They are big moments in a big game.”