Arsenal agree kit deal with Puma: The first mock ups
- May 7, 2013
The Daily Mirror have splashed with another big story this evening: “Arsenal have agreed the biggest kit deal in English football with sports giants Puma.”
According to Arsenal fan and Daily Mirror journalist John Cross, “They have struck an agreement worth in excess of £30m-a-year which could see the five year contract worth £170m in total. The deal worth more than Liverpool’s new £25m-a-year contract with Warrior and brings to an end Arsenal’s 20-year tie-up with Nike.”
Arsenal’s current deal with Nike will come to an end at the close of the 2013/2014 season and is believed to be worth 55 million pounds over seven years.
The news has initially been well received by Arsenal fans who hope Arsene Wenger will finally be able to splash the cash at the Emirates.
It has also been pointed out that Cesc Fabregas, recently linked with a return to the Emirates, is sponsored by Puma.
As is almost always the way, unofficial mock ups of Arsenal’s Puma kit for 2014/2015 have already been made, a selection can be seen below.
Of course, it should be stressed, these are not in any way official, but simply Arsenal fans second guessing Puma and what they might do with the Arsenal kits.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...