Arsenal +17, Man United -19, the PL comparison table with last season makes for interesting reading
- February 4, 2014
We are now 24 games into the 2013/2014 Premier League season. And there are just 14 matches left.
A three-horse title race, four teams battling for the final Champions League spot and a relegation scrap involving 11 sides, means the final weeks of the campaign could be epic.
The table below, shows the differences between this season and last, with it being most stark for Arsenal and Manchester United.
If any Arsenal fan wanted to see tangible improvement, 17 points and top of the table is clear enough.
David Moyes will not want to look at the graphic below – a differential of 19 points reflects pretty poorly on Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor.
Other intriguing trends to glean, besides the Arsenal and Manchester United differentials, include:
Manchester City are only 1 point better off than 2012/2013, despite playing some swashbuckling football under Manuel Pellegrini.
Chelsea are seven points improved under Jose Mourinho.
“Crisis club” Spurs are doing better this campaign compared to the last one where they posted their highest ever points tally in the Premier League.
And, Liverpool’s improvement (+12) is nearly as good as Arsenal’s…
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi