Arsenal +17, Man United -19, the PL comparison table with last season makes for interesting reading
We are now 24 games into the 2013/2014 Premier League season. And there are just 14 matches left.
A three-horse title race, four teams battling for the final Champions League spot and a relegation scrap involving 11 sides, means the final weeks of the campaign could be epic.
The table below, shows the differences between this season and last, with it being most stark for Arsenal and Manchester United.
If any Arsenal fan wanted to see tangible improvement, 17 points and top of the table is clear enough.
David Moyes will not want to look at the graphic below – a differential of 19 points reflects pretty poorly on Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor.
Other intriguing trends to glean, besides the Arsenal and Manchester United differentials, include:
Manchester City are only 1 point better off than 2012/2013, despite playing some swashbuckling football under Manuel Pellegrini.
Chelsea are seven points improved under Jose Mourinho.
“Crisis club” Spurs are doing better this campaign compared to the last one where they posted their highest ever points tally in the Premier League.
And, Liverpool’s improvement (+12) is nearly as good as Arsenal’s…
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern Munich plan to sign Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry [Sky Germany]August 30, 2016
- Paraguayan international Miguel Almiron talks about joining ArsenalAugust 30, 2016
- Juventus become bookies’ favourites to sign Jack Wilshere on loan [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Jack Wilshere is allowed to leave Arsenal on loan after crunch talks with the club [Sky Sports]August 29, 2016
- EA Sports reveal FIFA 17 ratings after getting James, Rashford and co. to rate themselves (Video)August 29, 2016
- Olivier Giroud discusses Arsenal’s title chances & hails Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s influence at Man UnitedAugust 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Man City fans prove Sergio Aguero didn’t connect with elbow & Andre Marriner saw incidentAugust 29, 2016