Arsenal +17, Man United -19, the PL comparison table with last season makes for interesting reading
We are now 24 games into the 2013/2014 Premier League season. And there are just 14 matches left.
A three-horse title race, four teams battling for the final Champions League spot and a relegation scrap involving 11 sides, means the final weeks of the campaign could be epic.
The table below, shows the differences between this season and last, with it being most stark for Arsenal and Manchester United.
If any Arsenal fan wanted to see tangible improvement, 17 points and top of the table is clear enough.
David Moyes will not want to look at the graphic below – a differential of 19 points reflects pretty poorly on Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor.
Other intriguing trends to glean, besides the Arsenal and Manchester United differentials, include:
Manchester City are only 1 point better off than 2012/2013, despite playing some swashbuckling football under Manuel Pellegrini.
Chelsea are seven points improved under Jose Mourinho.
“Crisis club” Spurs are doing better this campaign compared to the last one where they posted their highest ever points tally in the Premier League.
And, Liverpool’s improvement (+12) is nearly as good as Arsenal’s…
Watch Live Stream
- Pots revealed for next season’s CL group stage draw ft. Arsenal & Spurs in lower potsMay 29th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante happy at Leicester ‘for now’, Arsenal continue to be linked [LR...May 28th, 2016
- Arsenal or Man United? Gabon coach confirms Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang exitMay 28th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin offers revealing comments when asked about Barcelona interest [Cope]May 27th, 2016
- Amazing footage of Man United legend Rio Ferdinand watching Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty (Vi...May 29th, 2016
- Man United’s Morgan Schneiderlin posts positive message after leaving France Euro 2016 squadMay 29th, 2016
- Marcus Rashford signs new Manchester United contract [Telegraph]May 29th, 2016
- Radja Nainggolan rejects Chelsea, open to Man United move [GDS]May 29th, 2016