Arsenal +17, Man United -19, the PL comparison table with last season makes for interesting reading
We are now 24 games into the 2013/2014 Premier League season. And there are just 14 matches left.
A three-horse title race, four teams battling for the final Champions League spot and a relegation scrap involving 11 sides, means the final weeks of the campaign could be epic.
The table below, shows the differences between this season and last, with it being most stark for Arsenal and Manchester United.
If any Arsenal fan wanted to see tangible improvement, 17 points and top of the table is clear enough.
David Moyes will not want to look at the graphic below – a differential of 19 points reflects pretty poorly on Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor.
Other intriguing trends to glean, besides the Arsenal and Manchester United differentials, include:
Manchester City are only 1 point better off than 2012/2013, despite playing some swashbuckling football under Manuel Pellegrini.
Chelsea are seven points improved under Jose Mourinho.
“Crisis club” Spurs are doing better this campaign compared to the last one where they posted their highest ever points tally in the Premier League.
And, Liverpool’s improvement (+12) is nearly as good as Arsenal’s…
Watch Live Stream
- Leicester ready to offer Riyad Mahrez £100k-a-week to reject Arsenal [Express]July 29, 2016
- Arsenal mock Spurs on Twitter after beating MLS All-Stars 2-1July 29, 2016
- Must read: Kim Kallstrom brilliantly recounts his time at ArsenalJuly 29, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba jokes about signing for Arsenal after friendly defeat (Video)July 29, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic & Anthony Martial pose beside each other for Manchester United’s 3rd Kit LaunchJuly 29, 2016
- Manchester United negotiating with Monaco for right-back Fabinho [Globoesporte]July 29, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic excited to make Manchester United debut in Sweden (Video)July 29, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola insists there’s no deal between Man United & Juventus [Twitter]July 29, 2016