‘Arry Redknapp: ‘Only success Spurs had is with an Englishman (Me), I hope Sherwood’s not overlooked for a foreigner’
QPR manager Harry Rednkapp was asked about the Spurs situation at his Friday presser, and old ‘Arry couldn’t help but stick the boot into Daniel Levy and co. for the way he was treated at the club, a matter he still clearly feels bitter about.
Asked about the sacking of AVB, Redknapp said, ‘Well they seem to sack a lot of managers don’t they…they’ve appointed a lot of managers in the last few years, I think the only success they had was with an Englishman (referring to himself)…’
Redknapp let that thought linger in the air, and basked in the moment before expounding further:
‘Tim’s (Sherwood) a good man, has great knowledge of the game, so I hope he gets a chance and isn’t (overlooked) for a Dutch, Italian or French manager…just because he’s not a foreigner.’
Redknapp might have come over a bit heavy with the Del Boy-don’t-like-Jonny-Foreigners’ spiel, but it’s hard to argue with his claim that he’s the only manager to have brought relative success to the club under Daniel Levy’s ownership, guiding Spurs to a Champions League quarter-final in 2010/11.
Watch Redknapp’s presser below.
Watch Live Stream
- Ledley King tells story of Harry Redknapp convincing him to play for Spurs injured (Video)November 17, 2016
- Harry Redknapp’s brilliant story about Portsmouth against Man UnitedNovember 11, 2016
- Harry Redknapp prefers Jurgen Klopp over Gareth Southgate for England job [Daily Mail]November 10, 2016
- Ex West Ham & Spurs boss Harry Redknapp leaves his wife bleeding after a terrible car accident [Sun]October 20, 2016
- Tottenham & Arsenal keen on US teen sensation Christian Pulisic [Calcio Mercato]December 7, 2016
- Revealed: In-depth review of Toby Alderweireld’s release clause in his Spurs contractDecember 7, 2016
- Tottenham’s Erik Lamela returns to Argentina in odd circumstances. Here’s what we knowDecember 6, 2016
- Boost for Poch: Two Spurs defenders return to trainingDecember 6, 2016