‘Arry Redknapp: ‘Only success Spurs had is with an Englishman (Me), I hope Sherwood’s not overlooked for a foreigner’
- December 20, 2013
QPR manager Harry Rednkapp was asked about the Spurs situation at his Friday presser, and old ‘Arry couldn’t help but stick the boot into Daniel Levy and co. for the way he was treated at the club, a matter he still clearly feels bitter about.
Asked about the sacking of AVB, Redknapp said, ‘Well they seem to sack a lot of managers don’t they…they’ve appointed a lot of managers in the last few years, I think the only success they had was with an Englishman (referring to himself)…’
Redknapp let that thought linger in the air, and basked in the moment before expounding further:
‘Tim’s (Sherwood) a good man, has great knowledge of the game, so I hope he gets a chance and isn’t (overlooked) for a Dutch, Italian or French manager…just because he’s not a foreigner.’
Redknapp might have come over a bit heavy with the Del Boy-don’t-like-Jonny-Foreigners’ spiel, but it’s hard to argue with his claim that he’s the only manager to have brought relative success to the club under Daniel Levy’s ownership, guiding Spurs to a Champions League quarter-final in 2010/11.
Watch Redknapp’s presser below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...